I am going to have to take Sulley for an allergy test

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
My poor baby... Ihave tried so many different foods trying to decide what he is sensitive to and have had no luck. He is currently on Orijen 6 fish, at first I thought he was doing better. His stools are better and his tummy is not a rust color, but now his whole white face is RED! I don't know what to do. I am out of food tomorrow and I do not now if I should switch or keep feeding him the same. I do know that I am calling the doctor in the morning.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would certainly pick up at least a small bag, so you can transition him over slowly to a new food. What foods have you tried and for how long? I would also get allergy testing done, it is a bit of money, but it will save you from trying to play the guessing game. How old is your baby again? When you say red face, are you talking about stains or the skin under?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Poor Sulley..I know how frustrated you must be. I agree allergy testing will save you a lot of turmoil. Sometimes I think too much switching can cause it's own set of problems. Good luck to you..I hope you can find the right food...

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=3081]Sulley[/MENTION] - We're in the same boat over here. Switch from Nature's Balance Bison/Sweet Potato to Nature's Logic Lamb. Enter hives. Moving to Nature's Variety Instinct and things are still very soft - but I am convinced that the Nature's Logic Lamb is what was bringing on the hives. I know it will get better but I miss those carefree, salad days of not having to walk around with a giant pop up box of hypoallergenic baby wipes.....*sigh*

Bea was on Origin and the protein was way way too rich for her. Back then, I thought soupy poops were the norm. I almost did a celebratory dance in the yard when she finally produced a normal crap!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
have you considered raw feeding??,its the only way to be sure of what your bully is eating ,in kibble there could be dust mites which could be the problem,karen

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I have always had Bubba on California natural, lamb and rice. Poops have always been normal (no butt wiping needed!) and skin is usually fine...except his paws are a little red sometime but I think its from the grass. I know not many of you use this food, but, works for Bubba.

OP
S

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
I would certainly pick up at least a small bag, so you can transition him over slowly to a new food. What foods have you tried and for how long? I would also get allergy testing done, it is a bit of money, but it will save you from trying to play the guessing game. How old is your baby again? When you say red face, are you talking about stains or the skin under?
So far he has been on Purina Pro Plan (this started everything), then NVI chicken (very bad reaction I think to the chicken). Then go natural Salmon (bad reaction I believe to the one grain in there) then I made him ground beef, green beans, and carrots (bad reaction to the beef I think), then Orijen 6 fish. I had him on each food for at least or month or longer. What is interesting is that the redness would seem to go done at first, then he would end up having very bad reactions. As far as his face being red, usually his wrinkles get very stained and his eyes. This time his face is red/brown all the way from his forhead to under his chin. I did make an appointment with the derm. -the appointment is on the 25th, so I guess I will have to wait. Poor Sulley!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.