Thread: slight redness and irritation

Bulldog(s) Names
    chance
    Likes (Received)

Default slight redness and irritation

i noticed chance is getting a slight redness and irritation where his wrinkles that run on either side of his snout (where his tears run) i try and kept them clean regularly but looks as if its getting a tad raw there...so my question is, is there something i can put on it such as an ointment like neosporin to help heal it or do i need to get something from the vet? thanks in advance!

Real Name
    Denize
    Bulldog(s) Names
    walter
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: slight redness and irritation

my walter some times gets a slight redness under the ridge of his nose, i always put sudocrem on it and it clears it up fine, it is a antiseptic cream for nappy rash and other rashes, i only put on a very little bit i dont know if this is any help

Bulldog(s) Names
    chance
    Likes (Received)

@deegary thank u i will try and find some of that..i just want to be sure and use something other bully owners have because i definately dont want to end up irritating it any more

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@brandi576 - if you do a search here on "tear stains" or "Yeast" - you'll find threads and threads of wisdom and products that others have had success with. Figuring out which one it is - or if it's something altogether different - is the key. Proper diet (quality food) is a hallmark of those conversations. I've switched food again and am using a combination of products with the goal of keeping all their "bully areas" clean and dry. I've used Neosporin too when something looks sore and irritated - but only after I've made sure the area is clean as a whistle and dry as a bone. Others have suggested Desitin here and I have that too. (I think that's what "nappy cream" is....not sure....)

Bulldog(s) Names
    jameson and titan
    Likes (Received)

u may have to play with different things and find what works for urs. we use a variety of stuff depending on what we see is the issue. neossporin, hydocortison cream, desitin, and corn starch. if it is moist a little corn starch to dry it out...if it is irritated neosporin to keep it from getting infected, if we see them scratching the the hydrocoritsone cream...

Remove Ads