slight redness and irritation

brandi576

Jun 27, 2011
Seymour, Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
chance
i noticed chance is getting a slight redness and irritation where his wrinkles that run on either side of his snout (where his tears run) i try and kept them clean regularly but looks as if its getting a tad raw there...so my question is, is there something i can put on it such as an ointment like neosporin to help heal it or do i need to get something from the vet? thanks in advance!

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
my walter some times gets a slight redness under the ridge of his nose, i always put sudocrem on it and it clears it up fine, it is a antiseptic cream for nappy rash and other rashes, i only put on a very little bit i dont know if this is any help

OP
brandi576

brandi576

Jun 27, 2011
Seymour, Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
chance
[MENTION=2734]deegary[/MENTION] thank u i will try and find some of that..i just want to be sure and use something other bully owners have because i definately dont want to end up irritating it any more

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2639]brandi576[/MENTION] - if you do a search here on "tear stains" or "Yeast" - you'll find threads and threads of wisdom and products that others have had success with. Figuring out which one it is - or if it's something altogether different - is the key. Proper diet (quality food) is a hallmark of those conversations. I've switched food again and am using a combination of products with the goal of keeping all their "bully areas" clean and dry. I've used Neosporin too when something looks sore and irritated - but only after I've made sure the area is clean as a whistle and dry as a bone. Others have suggested Desitin here and I have that too. (I think that's what "nappy cream" is....not sure....)

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
u may have to play with different things and find what works for urs. we use a variety of stuff depending on what we see is the issue. neossporin, hydocortison cream, desitin, and corn starch. if it is moist a little corn starch to dry it out...if it is irritated neosporin to keep it from getting infected, if we see them scratching the the hydrocoritsone cream...

Most Reactions