"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Allergies to grass?

Quote Originally Posted by karenben View Post
    def some kind of contact allergy .annie has this and will rub herself raw to the point of bleeding,ive tried so many different products ,she has been off grass and wool for almost a month now and her itching went for a week so i thought that that would be the end of it but no ,she started itching again ,im getting her spayed as this has coincided with her comming into season ,i too know its not food as shes raw fed so i know everything she eats,the only thing i have found to help with the itching is nappy rash cream i use sudacrem on her pits and tummy ,i hope you find out whats making him itchy ,its a minefield ,karen
    Oh my @karenben : it must drive you crazy trying to figure it out! My Mable never had issues like this (she had dry skin which we used baths to battle) so this hive / allergy / skin conditions thing is all new territory for me. Poor little Annie! Must make you crazy trying to help her!

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

it drives us all crazy watching her,i feel really sorry for her,1 week no itching then boom its back but worse,i only treat the symptoms now ,i know that once a dog is allergic to something they usually suffer all their lives unless its food related,after 1 month of not of no contact with carperts and her itching not really getting any better i let her in the lounge with us,well this morning she is just s total mess!!,boiling hot tummy covered in hives ,so the wool must make her worse ,perhaps we carry wool on our feet/clothes which is why she itches even when kept off the carpets?,karen

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@karenben - Poor Annie! Thank Goodness she has a family who cares so much. I feel for you - and Annie, of course~!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads