yeast in ears - how to cure????

modestmaya

Oct 7, 2011
Cambridge, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno

I went to the vet over a year ago for this, but the drops were so expensive and when I moved I didnt keep them. Juno's left ear is SO stinky and I have to clean it almost on a daily basis to keep up, and sometimes it causes her discomfort due to the itch. I can take her to the vet and pay for the drops, but I'd love to know if any of you have natural solutions I could try first!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I don't think anyone's seen this....as you've not gotten any responses. If anyone knows of a home brewed solution, its the crew here. I would venture to say though that if the infection is as bad as it sounds, the only real way to manage it is with the prescription medication.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=3398]modestmaya[/MENTION], i don't know of any effective home remedies and at this point, with Juno's symptoms, probably best to take her to the vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ear infections can cause a lot of pain... take your baby to the vet as I do not know of any home remedies either

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=3398]modestmaya[/MENTION] I really suggest you take her to the vet.

My bullie Delilah is constantly getting problems with yeast in her ears and wrinkles. I clean her ears and wrinkles out daily and am very dilligent, yet she STILL gets the yeast.

It makes her extremely uncomfortable and she rubs her face up against the couch and scratches constantly when she has a yeast problem. She actually itched so much she gave herself open sores and scabs and made herself bleed.

She needs to be put on an anti-fungal medication to try and get rid of it.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i only use neat apple cider vinegar,annie was at the vet last week for boosters and the vet spotted a tiny bit of yeast in her ear and told me to use it 3 times a week instead of 1,he said its the best thing to use as its proven to kill yeast,karen

Twinklrtoes1610

Oct 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordis, Khalisie and a frenchy named Fry
Take her to the vet the drop will be more effective and probably will need antibiotics if it's an infection. Hope she gets better.

OP
modestmaya

modestmaya

Oct 7, 2011
Cambridge, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno
the only thing i know of is zymox.

This is more than likely the same thing that the vet gave us. I will call them to ask.

I appreciate all the other comments here... I certainly would have taken her right away if there was sign of an infection. There are no sores and she does itch sometimes, but I clean the ear and gently massage in some hydrocortisone cream to take away the discomfort and she is okay.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
@modestmaya I really suggest you take her to the vet.

My bullie Delilah is constantly getting problems with yeast in her ears and wrinkles. I clean her ears and wrinkles out daily and am very dilligent, yet she STILL gets the yeast.

It makes her extremely uncomfortable and she rubs her face up against the couch and scratches constantly when she has a yeast problem. She actually itched so much she gave herself open sores and scabs and made herself bleed.

She needs to be put on an anti-fungal medication to try and get rid of it.

Check out my post on Magic stuff for yeast.....that is the stuff you need! It works miracles and it is what was given to me when Tubs had an ear infection and yeast infection under his nose rope....cleared it up right away and he has looked great ever since!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION] ahhh where is that post at?? I must see it! :) thanks!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.