HELP

dontshop--adopt

Jul 30, 2010
Greenville, MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Ah, tubbys_dad...welcome to the world of the English Bulldog. They are the most wonderful family members!! English Bulldog News has a great page that lists all the different kinds of dog foods, and rates them by stars...while not all the 6 star foods are best for bullys, it is a great guideline. The main thing I have learned is that dye in the foods will cause or will exagerate the tear stains on the face. Otis has been eating Life's Abundance, and his tear stains are much better, but I read in the ingredients that it contains dried beets (which do cause tear stains) to give the food a yummy-looking beefy color. I have been sampling him Halo "Spot's Stew" and he loves it. It has a very short ingredient list, and no dyes...so believe I am going to swap..it comes from CarolinaPet Pantry. She has 5 bullies of her own, and is very, very knowledgeable!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
This place is awesome. I never thought that strangers would really care about my situation like you guys and gals have. I know alot of people would say that she is just a dog i wouldnt spend that much on the vet, and i would have agreed with them. Then Socko came around. He was a pitbull my older brother got 11 years ago. He had some problems in his last days with his heart and my brother spent some good money trying to make his last days easier. I didnt understand till the day he passed. Seeing my older, tougher brother cry really hit me. Socko was more than a dog to him. I never really realised the impact animals can have on people till that moment. Well my wife and I decided to add tubby to our life 8 months ago. She is 11 months now, as of today, and i truly understand the loyalty, love, respect(sometimes) and pure joy my four legged daughter brings to me, my wife, and my 3 year old son. So those people can say what they want but my girl is worth every penny and then some.

Welcome to the dog world. hehe. That is so touching to read, there are so many people in this world like you used to be and dont understand the connection between us and our animals. It is always so wonderful when somebody "new" learns this lesson. :D So glad you found this board.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
So glad to hear that your baby girl is doing better and that you found the help you needed here. I love this site! There are a great group of people here.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
This place is awesome. I never thought that strangers would really care about my situation like you guys and gals have. I know alot of people would say that she is just a dog i wouldnt spend that much on the vet, and i would have agreed with them. Then Socko came around. He was a pitbull my older brother got 11 years ago. He had some problems in his last days with his heart and my brother spent some good money trying to make his last days easier. I didnt understand till the day he passed. Seeing my older, tougher brother cry really hit me. Socko was more than a dog to him. I never really realised the impact animals can have on people till that moment. Well my wife and I decided to add tubby to our life 8 months ago. She is 11 months now, as of today, and i truly understand the loyalty, love, respect(sometimes) and pure joy my four legged daughter brings to me, my wife, and my 3 year old son. So those people can say what they want but my girl is worth every penny and then some.

I actually have tears in my eyes. You hit the nail on the head with the words above. I've had more than my share of people ask me why I've spent the money I have on Vegas. He has epilepsy and it's cost me a pretty penny to get him diagnosed properly AND to care for all the issues that have popped up due to his epilepsy. Every month we spent between 2 to 4 hundred on vet bills. Sometimes more. It's a bulldog thing. They capture your heart and they bring you to a level you didn't know existed. Mine make me a better person.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
They capture your heart and they bring you to a level you didn't know existed. Mine make me a better person.

I feel the exact same way. Always been an animal lover but it wasn't until I got Samson that I knew I could possibly love a dog that much. I love him more than words could ever explain and I would do anything for him. If I were in your shoes and Samson had the same problems as Vegas I would do the same thing, no question. Samson changed my life in so many ways one being he's the reason I started school to become a vet tech (before that I was studying to be a history/economics teacher).

ohiostatebulldogs

Jul 23, 2010
Wooster Ohio , USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Shug Knight of OSB , Santini of OSB, and Mercedes of OSB
Its sad when things happen in life and it effects your pets. Dont beat yourself up to bad and keep your head up! Do your best! We will pray for you!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.