Thread: HELP

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HELP

Quote Originally Posted by tubbys_dad View Post
    Thank you for your help. We got that carecredit and we were able to get her to the vet. Turns out it is demodectic mange.(not sure of the spelling) We live in banning ca, and we take her to Banning Vet hospital and they are great. Dr. Ryan and Dr. Summers are the best. If anyone lives nearby you should definetly check them out. I was wondering what you feed your pups? We feed her natural balance but are open to suggestions. I know that there is probably better so feel free to recommend any to us. Again thank you for your help.
    Congrats to you guys, sounds like she really needed the vet so it worked out for the best! SO glad you were able to get help here, this is why I LOVE THIS SITE!!!! Now we need to get some pics of your girl. By the way you are my neighbor, I live in Yucaipa.

Have never fed natural balance but have been thru a few good ones that just didnt agree 100% with my boy. taste of the wild is a good one, we switched due to allergies. I used to use canidae and never had any complaints with it actually so should have stayed with it but now I hear they have changed their formula a little so I dont know how good it is now. I was using eagle pack hollistic because it promotes firm stools and with my boy that is always a plus. Am in process now to switching to avoderm to see how they like it, hoping to reduce their shedding a bit. So far they love the food but I wont be done switching over for some time since I still have a good amount of the old so I wont know for sure how it agrees with my boy for a while. It is a good food but the challenge with a bully is finding the right one that works for them. My pug on the other hand could eat anything and be perfect at all times. Figures.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

I use Care Credit and it is the best, If not for them I do not know where Bella would be right now.

As far as food, I too use Natural Balance. Started with my 9yo bully due to allergies. She was on the Sweet potato and Venison. With Bella I had to switch to the Sweet Potato and Bison, it is lower in fat and that is what she needs in order to keep her exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in check. I also add some Omega 3 oil for their coat and it has made a huge difference on all our dogs. (have a Belgian Malanois also) Bella gets Krill oil (again, better for her) the others are on Salmon. Sometimes it is just patience with trial and error to find the right combo for your bully.

I am so glad you were able to get help.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

This place is awesome. I never thought that strangers would really care about my situation like you guys and gals have. I know alot of people would say that she is just a dog i wouldnt spend that much on the vet, and i would have agreed with them. Then Socko came around. He was a pitbull my older brother got 11 years ago. He had some problems in his last days with his heart and my brother spent some good money trying to make his last days easier. I didnt understand till the day he passed. Seeing my older, tougher brother cry really hit me. Socko was more than a dog to him. I never really realised the impact animals can have on people till that moment. Well my wife and I decided to add tubby to our life 8 months ago. She is 11 months now, as of today, and i truly understand the loyalty, love, respect(sometimes) and pure joy my four legged daughter brings to me, my wife, and my 3 year old son. So those people can say what they want but my girl is worth every penny and then some.

Pooper scooper Become a 4 Paw Member dontshop--adopt's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis
    Likes (Received)

Ah, tubbys_dad...welcome to the world of the English Bulldog. They are the most wonderful family members!! English Bulldog News has a great page that lists all the different kinds of dog foods, and rates them by stars...while not all the 6 star foods are best for bullys, it is a great guideline. The main thing I have learned is that dye in the foods will cause or will exagerate the tear stains on the face. Otis has been eating Life's Abundance, and his tear stains are much better, but I read in the ingredients that it contains dried beets (which do cause tear stains) to give the food a yummy-looking beefy color. I have been sampling him Halo "Spot's Stew" and he loves it. It has a very short ingredient list, and no dyes...so believe I am going to swap..it comes from CarolinaPet Pantry. She has 5 bullies of her own, and is very, very knowledgeable!!
    Champ, Dozer and Digz BEG you! Don't Shop- Adopt!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

This place is awesome. I never thought that strangers would really care about my situation like you guys and gals have. I know alot of people would say that she is just a dog i wouldnt spend that much on the vet, and i would have agreed with them. Then Socko came around. He was a pitbull my older brother got 11 years ago. He had some problems in his last days with his heart and my brother spent some good money trying to make his last days easier. I didnt understand till the day he passed. Seeing my older, tougher brother cry really hit me. Socko was more than a dog to him. I never really realised the impact animals can have on people till that moment. Well my wife and I decided to add tubby to our life 8 months ago. She is 11 months now, as of today, and i truly understand the loyalty, love, respect(sometimes) and pure joy my four legged daughter brings to me, my wife, and my 3 year old son. So those people can say what they want but my girl is worth every penny and then some.
    Welcome to the dog world. hehe. That is so touching to read, there are so many people in this world like you used to be and dont understand the connection between us and our animals. It is always so wonderful when somebody "new" learns this lesson. So glad you found this board.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

So glad to hear that your baby girl is doing better and that you found the help you needed here. I love this site! There are a great group of people here.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I actually have tears in my eyes. You hit the nail on the head with the words above. I've had more than my share of people ask me why I've spent the money I have on Vegas. He has epilepsy and it's cost me a pretty penny to get him diagnosed properly AND to care for all the issues that have popped up due to his epilepsy. Every month we spent between 2 to 4 hundred on vet bills. Sometimes more. It's a bulldog thing. They capture your heart and they bring you to a level you didn't know existed. Mine make me a better person.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    They capture your heart and they bring you to a level you didn't know existed. Mine make me a better person.
    I feel the exact same way. Always been an animal lover but it wasn't until I got Samson that I knew I could possibly love a dog that much. I love him more than words could ever explain and I would do anything for him. If I were in your shoes and Samson had the same problems as Vegas I would do the same thing, no question. Samson changed my life in so many ways one being he's the reason I started school to become a vet tech (before that I was studying to be a history/economics teacher).

Kennel Cleaner ohiostatebulldogs's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shug Knight of OSB , Santini of OSB, and Mercedes of OSB
    Likes (Received)

Its sad when things happen in life and it effects your pets. Dont beat yourself up to bad and keep your head up! Do your best! We will pray for you!
    S Martin
    Ohio State Bulldogs
    " Unless you try something beyond what you have already mastered you will never grow" OSB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads