What should i do?? Had anyone had this happen

occfan

Oct 3, 2011
Downingtown PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella 8 months old
Bella is on cn herring and sweet potato and she seems to be doing good her face has cleard up a bit n more energy but i noticed last night she had bad gas and when she goes to potty her stools are firm and than it comes out like diarehha like...

Am i feeding to much or is it a sign shes not gonna do well with it???

What is a good ingriedent to look for in doog food for stools...

SHES ONLY BEEN ON IT FOR ABOUT A WEEK.. IT SAYD TWO CUPS A DAY FOR HER WEIGHT.. IS LAMB AND RICE BETTER?

Anyone had this happen??

Thanks
mike

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
it is hard for me to comment since my bully has digestion conditions anyway, so this can be normal for us. Did you change her food slowly? How long has it been since the switch? I would monitor it for a little bit and see if the condition changes, also beware of what treats you are giving, those make a statement too. Are they also grain free? Any people food snacks? You will have to evaluate all that goes into the stomach.

Keep us posted, please I am the diahrrea paranoid momma on here. My Bella was born with a congenital digestive issue and anytime Poo isn't right, I worry.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well I used cn for a while a long time ago and if I remember correctly it is supposed to firm up :poo: right? Or at least they advertise it to be so. (I think) My boys were firm on it but the brand itself just didnt work well for them in general. If it has only been a week it is too early to know if the food is working well or not. Usually have to give it about a month or so I think to know for sure. Now being part runny and part firm is throwing me off a bit but maybe it hasnt all adjusted perfectly in her tummy yet?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You might cut back on her food, may be too much. How old is she?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..I agree wit [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]..we had this problem with Jake..different food..but we cut back a bit and his :poo: was better!

OP
occfan

occfan

Oct 3, 2011
Downingtown PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella 8 months old
ok well this is the whole story..

she was on wilderness for about 2 months and i came to the realsiation that it wasnt working for her allergy problem so i put her on this cn formula it has been a week so yea that could be a problem with the swithc or she may of just had a tummy ache who knows.. her snaks are the salmon treat that goes with the herring formula so there is no issue there... hopefully it will be a while longer and she will be ok but will post updates as i go

or anyone thats friends with me just check in with me down the line if i forget

thanks

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I wish I could help you, Occfan but these two have been having what have to be THE MOST GORGEOUS PERFECT POOPS IN THE UNIVERSE! I actually said that outloud this afternoon on our walk at the park. I was picking up Bea's latest creation and said out loud, "Gorgeous!". hahahahaha Would have been funny if someone would have been standing nearby, listening...I'd be the real WEIRDO in the neighborhood then, eh?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.