Congestion - allergy related? Can I do anything to help?

beachbumjen

Jun 9, 2011
By the beach
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Recently, Stella seems like she has some congestion in her throat, and she tries to clear it. It sounds like it's uncomfortable/annoying for her. She woke up a few times in the middle of the night last night making a clearing/making a coughing sound. Is there anything I can do to help with the congestion? Is this something that can/will get worse? :fie:
Could it be allergy related? I think allergy testing is in Sweet Stella's near future...

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
In the meet up group discussion boards one time, a lemon juice/water concoction was suggested for this. I remember the discussion being that this was a very common thing for EBs. I'm afraid I don't remember the recipe and haven't done it myself.

OP
beachbumjen

beachbumjen

Jun 9, 2011
By the beach
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Thank you [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION], I thought that lemon might help, I had her licking one the other day, but I don't think it was enough :nope:
Does anyone know what the proper ratio would be?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I've done this for Nitschke a few times.. just a squirt right in his mouth. It is a little battle when he sees the little lemon come out of the fridge, but it does help.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.