cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This is what the vet diagnosed him with this a.m.
She knew the diagnosis even before she examined him, based on the symptoms I was describing. Then when she did look, she just nodded her head...seems this is a common occurrence in bulldogs in particular. She does not recommend surgery b/c it is quite intense and tricky b/c it's a highly vascularized area and the healing process is slow. The vet said as long as the bleeding was not excessive, she is not that concerned. She does recommend that Finn get neutered sooner than later tho b/c the excitement of puberty contributes to more blood flow to the area, possibly exacerbating the prolapse. So now i'm thinking when a good time to neuter him will be. My poor baby got poked and prodded in his most intimate areas today but he was such a trooper throughout!! :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, at least you know the problem. Will you have to do anyting for him... meds, lite activity?

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Poor guy, it's good to hear he will be ok. Sounds like somebully deserves ice cream:yes:

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
One of our fosters had this too. The "excitement" from being unaltered made it next to impossible to heal on its own. He had to have 2 surgeries, along with a neuter but is doing great now. I hope Finn can heal without a an additional procedure...maybe they can look at it during his neuter?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw well im glad you know what it is. i dont know anything about it either so i dont know what is involved. hope its going to be ok. :hug:

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
Hi, I responded in your other thread. Wally had the same issue and was also neutered early because of it (4.5 months). It has since not been an issue. His too was just a few drops of blood but I've heard of more severe cases that ultimately required surgery. Hopefully Finn will be OK. The funny thing is that we found out after he was neutered that the main cause for the condition was him running full speed and then sliding on his stomach to get under the futon. Keep us posted and good luck with the neutering!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, at least you know the problem. Will you have to do anyting for him... meds, lite activity?

The vet game me some Panalog ointment to apply to his "area" a few times a day which will hopefully help w/the inflammation. Otherwise, no physical restriction or anything like that. I don't know how i would restrict him otherwise too 'cuz he's such a hyper little guy, especially when he and Tate get into their wrestling matches!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2087]pdac1975[/MENTION], Finn's going to be 7mos old tomorrow so i'm getting a bit antsy about getting him neutered soon. I'm glad Wally's doing good now!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION], yes, definitely ice cream tonight! i have a box of some doggy ice cream i picked up that he (and Tate) will share. Heck, maybe i'll even eat some ice cream too (the human kind)!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=939]NikkiSchoolcraft[/MENTION], yes, something to definitely have them look at while he's getting neutered. I do hope once he is neutered the, this whole thing will improve.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Finn, at least you know what it is and he can be on the mend.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
The funny thing is that we found out after he was neutered that the main cause for the condition was him running full speed and then sliding on his stomach to get under the futon.
hahahaha! That must have been fun to watch...the little poop....!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.