Puppy sick

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hi [MENTION=3367]fonzy13[/MENTION] and welcome. Do you have an update on how your bully-baby is doing???

OP
fonzy13

fonzy13

Oct 2, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Zero
He's actually doing a lot better doctor says. He is super active. He still on medication and breathing treatment

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am so pleased for you and for your bully ..... now on to the important stuff [MENTION=3367]fonzy13[/MENTION]

:pics:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad to hear your pup is doing better, and may go home soon. Please keep us posted.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
from internet:
Window of susceptibility
The age at which young animals can effectively be immunized is proportional to the amount of antibody protection they received from their mother. In the first weeks of a puppy's life, high levels of maternal antibodies present in the puppy's bloodstream block the effectiveness of most vaccines. With time, the amount of maternal antibodies in the puppy drops to a low enough level in the puppy that immunity (protection from disease) can be produced through vaccination. This usually occurs between five and twelve weeks of age. There is a period of time from several days to several weeks in which the maternal antibodies are too low to provide protection against disease, but too high to allow a vaccine to work. This period is called the 'window of susceptibility'. This is a time period when, despite being vaccinated, a young animal can still contract a disease.

Which is why, everytime I see someone with a new puppy at the dog park, I want to choke the humans with it.

[MENTION=1869]ABEBD[/MENTION] - fantastic information.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
@fonzy13 Glad to hear your puppy is better. You'll have to keep a close eye on him when he gets home. Do you have a name picked out? What kind of coloring is he? Good thing the vet discovered the problem and I hope you will soon be reunited. Glad you found our website and as you can see...we are "passionate" about our bulldogs. In the meantime it will be to your best interest to read as many threads as possible because bulldogs can have health issues. Good puppy food will be your first order of business. The wrong food can be the source of allergies and allergies can cause other health problems. Take this opportunity to read some of the threads here and learn as much as you can and of course ask lots of questions. Keep us updated cause we really want you to experience the love a bulldog can give. I feel it is like no other and I've had all kinds of dogs in my lifetime. Best Wishes!

Oh...we love pictures. :)

91d53d99.jpg

Last edited:

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Glad to hear your puppy is doing better!

Delilah got pneumonia when she was about 1.5 years old. She got really, really sick. I almost lost her.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.