Specific brand of wipes for wrinkle cleaning?

occfan

Oct 3, 2011
Downingtown PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella 8 months old
i am currently useing hypoallergenic unscented aloe baby wipes for bellas wrinkles is that ok brand? or is ther something better out ther to recommend

thanks

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I use maloket wipes..can get them from amazon..then I use a little witch hazel on a Qtip to totally dry out areaThen a tiny..tiny dab of desitin..to stop irritation. I do use baby wipes to clean his face in general..and booty! I get costcos Kirkland brand..

OP
occfan

occfan

Oct 3, 2011
Downingtown PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella 8 months old
so baby wipes for her wrinkles arent good than? i have destitin and cortozone cream 10.. i wipe her face than pat dry than a dab of destin each night is that ok?? malaket wipes where u get them like petco or ptsmart maby?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=3374]occfan[/MENTION], i haven't seen mal-a-ket wipes at petco or pet smart. Definitely Amazon, like [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] mentioned. I do similar what Becky said, including the witch hazel except i use duoxo pads which is similar to malaket except minus the antifungal ingredient (sorry for the run on sentence)!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Thought I would bump this thread for info purposes. I have been using Huggie & Pampers baby wipes and after some resistence (not sure why) I finally ordered Maloket wipes from Amazon today. I'm hoping that these will be better for Wilson's tear stains from his constant watery eyes. I'll let everyone know his results after using them for a bit.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I use regular huggies natural care wipes , but I put malacetic otic on the wipe. So basically it's probably the same???

I just got some witch hazel. Smells like having kids! I mean, after their birth we use tucks pads with EPI foam- not sure which has witch hazel in it but no doubt in my mind!! Brings back fond memories actually.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Baby wipes are great for cleaning. I have the malaket wipes but only use them if there is a problem. The pups HATE them so I stick with good ol baby wipes for everyday wiping.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Witch Hazel and/or unscented baby wipes

bigfwt04

Dec 15, 2011
Medford, OR
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
So what I am taking from this thread is that there isn't just one way to keep their wrinkles clean. Do you need to use something like desitin everyday or is that just what some do?

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I use Duoxo pads... they are larger and thicker than the Malaket, which I personally like because it doesn't fold or wad up when trying to use em.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Baby wipes are great for cleaning. I have the malaket wipes but only use them if there is a problem. The pups HATE them so I stick with good ol baby wipes for everyday wiping.

Yeah...these guys don't like the smell either and are MOST uncooperative when I get them out so I reserve them for trouble only.

For the last week, I have been washing faces DAILY with warm water and an antibacterial dog shampoo on a wash cloth. I really get in those wrinkles and they love it. I'll report back when/if I see if any miracle has taken place with this regimen. Bea has tear stains - Bo doesn't - but he has Demodex Mange for which he's on a topical medication (that doesn't seem to be doing anything). Wanting to avoid dips.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.