cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
There's always something, isn't there? Well, got home about an hour ago and came to find a couple blood droplets on the floor. I looked at both boys, examining their paws, and nothing there. I noticed Finn's penis was very red so I dabbed a tissue on it and discovered that's where the blood was coming from. It's not like there is blood dripping right now...but when i dab at it, there's still some faint colored blood on the tissue. Of course I'm worried:scared: but i'm hopeful it's nothing serious. I'm just wondering if anyone here has experienced anything like this w/their male bullie? Finn is almost 7mos old and has not yet been neutered. I wonder if it's a UTI? He's acting quite normal...eating well, playing a lot, very naughty as usual. I will likely be taking him to the vet tomorrow a.m. to get him checked out.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
no experience with that but wanted to say i hope he gets better. wonder if he scratched it or something. :hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He may have just scratched it on something, I would just check it in the morning and see if it is better.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm hoping that's the case--that he scratched it on something vs. an infxn or something more invasive. I did notice they somehow stripped the side of my book shelf--took this piece of plaster off that has sharp edges so i'm wondering if he injured himself w/that. I'm going to move that shelf to a room they cannot get into. My house is becoming more furniture-bare. My sofa has been thrown out :( b/c they chewed down to the frame and there was metal sticking out of it (!)...pretty soon the living rm will just be an empty box with wee wee pads on the floor, their beds, and toys scattered about.

I will keep an eye on Finn's "pee pee" , um, as we call it here :)
Hopeful that it's nothing serious! thank-you!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Sorry, don't have any experience with peepee bleeding. Yeah...I'm down to two armchairs in the family room. I keep catching BabyGirl trying to chew my tv cabinet. When I bust her she just rolls over legs up as if to surrender. I just hand her one of the antlers to chew on. Today I caught Wilson and BabyGirl doing a tug-of-war on a sock I accidentally dropped while doing laundry. They looked so happy to have found it but I can't take the chance of them eating it so I had to be the "bad cop" and took it away.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
When I bust her she just rolls over legs up as if to surrender.

hahahahaha! I can picture this and its hysterical. This needs to be on video!

Bo does something similar when you ask him to get off the couch - but he's already laying down.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Sounds as if it's just a scratch but it's a good idea to keep an eye on it.

Don't worry, your living room can just be a puppy play room. :)

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
This morning the bleeding is still there. I noticed some very bright red droplets on the floor and one drop was about dime-size and a little clot-like. When I dab at the penis, there's blood on the tissue again. I'm gonna need to take him into the vet this morning to get checked out. I hope he doesn't have an obstruction somewhere. I hate this! :nope: They can sense when i'm concerned too b/c they'll both just sit there quietly and look at me as i go about my morning chores. I also need to call into work that i won't be in, for the morning at least. Please say a prayer for Finn. He's acting very normal--eating well, slept well last night, fighting w/Tate. I hope everything will be okay! :begging:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my i will certainly be praying all goes well with the vet. let us know what happens. :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hopefully it is just a UTI and will be cleared up in no time with antibiotics. Good lucka nd keep us posted

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
It sounds like an inverted urethra. I know because wally had this problem too when he was about 4 months old. We would wake up and there would be drops of blood in his crate and other times it would drip blood when he was simply walking around. He developed it by running full speed and trying to slide on the carpet under our futon on his belly and everything else down there. The condition can come from this or chronic, excessive masturbation (vets term, not mine) like rubbing himself on the carpet or in the crate. Because of this, we had him neutered at 4.5 months before we realized the problem was the futon and simply took the legs off of it (we had never seen him humping the carpet or anything). The problem can be more or less serious depending on the case. You should bring him to the vet so they can check. Sometimes they will try to put a stitch in the urethra to hold it in place, other times, like for Wally, they will just leave it and hope it fixes itself as he grows, which luckily it did in his case. There is quite a bit of info out there, just try to google inverted urethra. Let us know how the visit to the vet goes.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2087]pdac1975[/MENTION], thank-you for sharing your experience w/this condition! Finn is a very "active" little guy, if you know what i mean;), and can be a bit aggressive when he rubs, so i can see this contributing to the prolapse possibly. I'll tell you tho, seeing those blood droplets really freaked me out ! I'm hopeful it will get better :begging:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I do hope it all works out ... these little boys can get a bit excessive in their "play time" so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that is what it is!!!

Wrigley

Jun 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley (Wriggers, Wrigster, Mister Wrigs, Fatman, Lil Fatman)
Wrigley in August had a little blood dripping and I took him to the Vet asap and he was put on UTI antibiotics. It went away after 3 visits with the Vet and now it seems like its back again but now he seems to be dripping more blood. We went again and they did X-rays to see if there were stones but nothing. He's on antibiotics again but as of yesterday and continues to drip blood. Not as much as before so hopefully it's just a UTI. Waiting on urine analysis. I'll keep you posted on our findings and outcome. Can be very scary but Wrigley acts like normal except for his long peeing time. Hope all clears up soon :begging:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.