Peroxide to help induce vomitting?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Cutty just did that gag things that had kinda made me think he ate a pair of chonies or something. Dr said if he hadnt pooped it out or thrown it up he should be fine. BUT I think something may be in his tummy trying to get it up. (mugsy did this when he ate that corn cob piece, took 2+ weeks before he got it up.) Anyhow I know you can induce vomitting with peroxide but have never had to do this so how much and how and should I?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], i think you could try 1 teaspoonful per 10lbs of body wt. Do you have a dropper? will likely make it easier. I had to do this for Tate a couple mos ago but didn't have a dropper on hand so i chased him around with a spoon! I couldn't get any in him but he turned out okay in the end. You might want to try 1-2 tspns at first then observe how Cutty responds. You should wait like 15min, maybe have Cutty walk around. You can repeat this once more.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
we had to do this when Sophie ate 2lbs of chocolate truffles under the Christmas tree. My vet said to take a turkey baster full and quirt it down her throat, since she vomits the amount isn't much of a concern. I was so very nervous to do it, but is was vet recommened. I also called the ER vet to confirm. It worked!!!!!

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I did this when Dozer wolfed down not 1 but 2 corn cobs. I also didn't measure just held his head and poured in his mouth. WARNING give it a minute and take him outside. I thought it wasn't working after about 5 minutes and all of a sudden he upchucked all over my house! However if you think he ate something large, as don't know what chronies are :confused:, be careful you don't to obstruct his airway

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
well this was my 2nd thought, what if it creates a problem but chonies are underwear so they arent big. lol I am not sure if he ate any at all but my gut is telling me he did. Plus he is just so damn round all of a sudden, his belly has ever been this big around which tells me something must be in there. Either that or he needs more than a diet right now. I chickened out and now have decided to go back to the vet and have an xray done? Or should I give this a try? I am scurred. lol. How will he feel after, is it a 1 time throw up and then all better? If they do an xray tho and it shows up still not sure how to get it out unless we do this? Maybe I should do this first and see? Would make my day much better and easier if he just threw up something so I didnt have to leave with 2 little kids and a bulldog.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] Hows he doing? If I were you I would try to induce vomiting myself before taking him to the vet. I wouldn't think an xray would be able to tell you if it was underwear or just food because I would think underwear would just appear as a blob, no different than food would.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
he is fine [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION]. Actually he seems totally fine for the most part aside from that little gagging thing he did and he seems extra grumpy but I chalked that up to the new puppy, would be nice if it was chonies making him that way. Was thinking that myself but am anxious at the thought of making him throw up. Guess I should do it then? Gosh I feel bad. Conway thinks I am crazy I think since I keep going back and forth on this and he doesnt understand why. lol Ok then I think I will torture him with the turkey baster, lets hope he still loves me after. :(

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok I gave a little with the turkey baster and it has been maybe 10 minutes with nothing, should I do more?

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
ok he threw up but nothing but liquid came out. So do you think I am wayyy beyond over paranoid? He acts fine and nothing came out, should I just leave this be? Maybe he needs a diet.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
ok he threw up but nothing but liquid came out. So do you think I am wayyy beyond over paranoid? He acts fine and nothing came out, should I just leave this be? Maybe he needs a diet.

Tough call. Normally I say it's important to trust your gut but if you are anything like me you MAY be being a little paranoid. Hard to say.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I know I am paranoid, that is given. ugh... I hate being a parent sometimes. :(

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I would just monitor him. Are his poos okay? is he eating okay? if so then Personally I would watch over him.:D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.