what am i doing wrong with allergies??? please help

occfan

Oct 3, 2011
Downingtown PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella 8 months old
hello i am new here just signed up today..

i have a 8 month on my hands her name is miss bella.. she is on california natural herring and sweet potato and i just switched her from blue wilderness salmon.. she gets two treats a day and is fed a cup in the morning and at night.. i use 1 pump of grizzly salmon oil and throw down flea and mite carpet podwer once a month for help with preventing fleas or anything like that..

i clean her wrinkles with huggies hypollergenic wipes unscented and dry them up with a cotton ball and throw on some cortizone 10 in her wrinkles to block out moisture because at the moment her face is red around the eyes and irritated... now i have not a clue what this good be from.. i know its allergies because we use to take her out on the deck to potty up untill she was 7 MONTHS.. she is now 8 and we just moved to a aparmtnet complex with a field out back so exposing her to grass for the first time i am noticing her naw at the feet not biting but licking once in a while and scrathcing..

give me some ideas or solutions to do for her and i dont want no steroids or nuttin like that..

thanks

mike

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi Mike and Bella..:welcome:.. I'm not much help on the allergies but there are many people here that know a lot about allergies. I will tag a few so they will catch your thread..@..[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] ..[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION]...[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]..they will get you started..I do know potatoes can be an issue for yeast in a lot of bullies. Glad you found us.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm not much help with this either. Since your bullie's diet is clearly controlled, it will be easier for you - through the process of elimination - to figure out if there's an issue and what the source is. As with anything concerning, a trip to your trusted veterinarian is always a good idea.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3374]occfan[/MENTION] if in your other post it is seasonal allergies and with the eyes leaking and being irritated it sounds like it is then you can give benadryl to help. i believe its one benadryl per 25 pounds. also zyrtec can be given to help with allergies. you can start with the benadryl and give one and see how it goes. if one doesnt do it then one and 1/2 or two can be given. benadryl only last 4 hours also. zyrtec lasts longer and works better for me but you can see. id start with like 1/2 zyrtec and use a whole if necessary. up to 2 can be given at a time depending on weight of dog. im no expert on tear stains but lots here use malaket wipes as do i. i get mine from entirelypets online. ive also heard of using duoxo wipes. i think you can probably wipe with baby wipes and dry it good and put some desitin on it to keep it dry. sarah has one now and she never has them so i just put some powder in my hand and rubbed a q-tip in it and rubbed it between her wrinkle to dry it. good luck

OP
occfan

occfan

Oct 3, 2011
Downingtown PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella 8 months old
Where can i get duoxo pads?? Like a petmsart or petco?

What about peroxide pads

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i believe those have to be ordered as well online. amazon or im sure entirelypets or just type in duoxo pads in search engine and im sure you can find them. for now use what you have on hand. the baby wipes and drying and desitin is fine. also like i said q-tip and powder until you can get something else.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome Mike and that pic is adorable by the way! You could do allergy testing to find out what exactly is the problem, has helped many on here. I would say tho if allergic to grass make sure to wipe off feet before coming back inside. I know others have dealt with this too. For food allergies I can be a little more helpful but there are many on here who deal with seasonla allergies also. Yes benadryl is 1 pill per 25 pounds, thats about all I can help with here tho I think.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3374]occfan[/MENTION] totally sounds like seasonal allergies. Both my bullies suffer with them, licking an nawling on their paws for hours if you do not wipe their pawsw hen they come in from being on the grass. You can also give foot bath in epsom salt once a week that helps a lot too.

As for allergy tests, you can ask your vet to have a full screen allergy blood test done and you will know what the issue is.

BTW --- LOVE the picture of Miss Bella

OP
occfan

occfan

Oct 3, 2011
Downingtown PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella 8 months old
thank you for all your answers and expertice on this.. im new and my baby is the world to me as you all know and have the same feeling..

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Welcome! so glad you found us.. my Baby Duke has bad allergies.. we finally had him tested and he was allergic to wool and molds.. there are so many thing it could be.. my suggestion would be to have him tested to see if it is the food or the environment? there is a lot of info and tips if you look through the threads on here.. one thing I think is SO important is keeping the wrinkles dry .. pat with a soft tissue or paper towel to keep the moisture out it does sound seasonal to me.. have you tried benadryl or zrtec?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.