Hot spots or Food allergies??? HELP

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thanks for all the great advise I called DrButchko today and the result are in My poor baby is allergic to chicken, rice, beef pork and fleas. She is on a chicken and rice diet that I was told to give her by DrButchko because she wasn't eating due to the intense itching and had lost 6 pounds well he told me ton take her off the rice and chicken and to start her on a new dog food formula I just got off work and I'm on my was to Global pet food outlet in Torrance and they sale high grade foods any advice on a brand I'll make sure it's free of all the about ingredients and as for the fleas we already new she had the allergy to them her breeder told us it might be a 85% possibility do she has been on Advantage plus since she was 3months
Thanks everyone hope some one gets back to me soon on the brand. Hopefully this solve this problem within my family. :) so hopeful and I she will be more happy when it's all over. And she hasn't scratched since she's on the antibiotics. Fingers crossed!!

---
I am here: Google Maps
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well it looks like it's fish for dinner????huh. that's good to know. There's many foods out there that are fish/salmon based. Glad to hear she's not scratching for now. Please keep us posted and what kind of food you will try.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
yay for you knowing now. That will make life much easier! If it were me then I would try the fromm surf and turf then. Course I use fromm anyhow. There are other great choices also but thats what I would choose. Try petflow.com. Shipping is free if you put in code ebn and only 5 bucks I think otherwise. Ships to your door in a week or less (from what I can personally say anyhow)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YEA.... now your baby will be feeling better in no time! RC Bulldog is all rice and chicken, poor baby was just getting slammed -- so glad you did the allergy test and now know what to do.

OP
Twinklrtoes1610

Twinklrtoes1610

Oct 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordis, Khalisie and a frenchy named Fry
Yes and I was able to deactivate it a few hours ago thanks for your help and by the way the isn't working?:( do you have any idea? I really like to use it istead of using my browser

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thanx for letting us know the results. I hope that store has someone there that is knowledgeable on the products they carry. You are probably going to have to do a lot of label reading to find what you are looking for. Good luck to both of you. :)

OP
Twinklrtoes1610

Twinklrtoes1610

Oct 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
@ BruceP They are very knowledgeable and I've bought food from them for two years now and I like the service and they dont carry supermaket dog food plus they have great prices and they have frequent buyer programs like buy a certain number of bags of the same brand and they'll give you one for free @ CaliJenn Im going to try out Fromm I hope they like it I'm going to give to the three of them thanks alot for your help

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
yay for you knowing now. That will make life much easier! If it were me then I would try the fromm surf and turf then. Course I use fromm anyhow. There are other great choices also but thats what I would choose. Try petflow.com. Shipping is free if you put in code ebn and only 5 bucks I think otherwise. Ships to your door in a week or less (from what I can personally say anyhow)

The code for free shipping on orders over $49 is englishbulldog ... Not EBN :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wow that's a whole lot of allergies. I do hope you find a dog food that works. HOwever, I would go with the smallest bag possible to start. I agree that fish seems to be the way forward but be warned that if you look at the label then most foods have a tiny bit of chicken in.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I think surf n turf does have chicken or chicken fat. :(

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yes [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] it does .. so do a lot of the foods. [MENTION=3364]Twinklrtoes1610[/MENTION] you will have to shop around alot. Maggie can deal with a lot of foods even though they have a small amount of chicken in, it was just the actual chicken flavour from Fromm that she couldn't manage very well on.

You may even want to consider raw that I know nothing about. I know that [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] has had fantastic results with it and I believe [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] was trying it too.

OP
Twinklrtoes1610

Twinklrtoes1610

Oct 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Hmmm I guess this is going to be harder than I thought well if any one knows of one please let me know could use some help. Thanks a lot for the feedback, my poor baby :(

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok here is what i have found with the time i had this morning. taste of the wild pacific stream, go natural salmon and oatmeal, canidae pure sea. also so i can find more what exactly does beef mean? does it mean all meat like lamb, bison, and such or does it just mean where the food says beef? sorry i couldnt get more. ill look later.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
There are a few proteins available in the market that you may be able to find like [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] mentioned. I can think of rabbit, duck, venison, turkey, goat (not sure if they have this in kibble form). Does the report say if they tested him against all these proteins?

Stig's on raw now after all the unsuccessful food changes and never looked back since. He can eat anything and everything, go figure.

G'luck in your search.:yes:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok found a couple more while i was at the store. evo herring and salmon, wellness core ocean formula. double check me if your considering these as i quickly looked at ingredients to make sure nothing on it. if they can have all meat except beef specifically then i will have more. nvi limited ingredient lamb for instance.

Most Reactions