Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hot spots or Food allergies??? HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    I would like to have a test done on Jack.
    By process of food elimination, I've found he is not necessarily allergic to chicken but it definitely was giving him a few red bumps on his hind legs... However, getting an allergy test would be a good thing to have just to confirm my belief.

Is an allergy test expensive ? How much would I expect to pay ?
    we paid between $125.00 - $150.00. Believe me, I wish I knew about it the day we picked up Nitschke. What that poor bully went through for the first year.. we were treating him for tumy issues... which is usually chicken/rice... well, after the aleergy test, we found out the reall issue .. he is HIGHLY allergic to rice. UGH! Once that was out of the picture no more vomitting or runny poo. The test is worth every penny.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Ouch, poor guy. I decided to get the allegery testing done on both my boys back in July not because they were having any problems but because I didn't want to play a guessing game. I got the results in the mail about 10 days later. Wilson is allergic to chicken, pork, rice and soybean. Jack's allergic to eggs and rice. The report was about 5 pages and also included grasses, molds, etc. It was $$ well spent. My test cost $195 each. Hope your baby gets better soon.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordis, Khalisie and a frenchy named Fry
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all the great advise I called DrButchko today and the result are in My poor baby is allergic to chicken, rice, beef pork and fleas. She is on a chicken and rice diet that I was told to give her by DrButchko because she wasn't eating due to the intense itching and had lost 6 pounds well he told me ton take her off the rice and chicken and to start her on a new dog food formula I just got off work and I'm on my was to Global pet food outlet in Torrance and they sale high grade foods any advice on a brand I'll make sure it's free of all the about ingredients and as for the fleas we already new she had the allergy to them her breeder told us it might be a 85% possibility do she has been on Advantage plus since she was 3months
    Thanks everyone hope some one gets back to me soon on the brand. Hopefully this solve this problem within my family. so hopeful and I she will be more happy when it's all over. And she hasn't scratched since she's on the antibiotics. Fingers crossed!!

---

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cali~jenn; 10-04-2011 at 09:35 AM.
    Gordis,Khalisie n Fry

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinklrtoes1610 View Post
    Thanks for all the great advise I called DrButchko today and the result are in My poor baby is allergic to chicken, rice, beef pork and fleas. She is on a chicken and rice diet that I was told to give her by DrButchko because she wasn't eating due to the intense itching and had lost 6 pounds well he told me ton take her off the rice and chicken and to start her on a new dog food formula I just got off work and I'm on my was to Global pet food outlet in Torrance and they sale high grade foods any advice on a brand I'll make sure it's free of all the about ingredients and as for the fleas we already new she had the allergy to them her breeder told us it might be a 85% possibility do she has been on Advantage plus since she was 3months
    Thanks everyone hope some one gets back to me soon on the brand. Hopefully this solve this problem within my family. so hopeful and I she will be more happy when it's all over. And she hasn't scratched since she's on the antibiotics. Fingers crossed!!

---
    I am here: Google Maps
    well it looks like it's fish for dinner????huh. that's good to know. There's many foods out there that are fish/salmon based. Glad to hear she's not scratching for now. Please keep us posted and what kind of food you will try.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

yay for you knowing now. That will make life much easier! If it were me then I would try the fromm surf and turf then. Course I use fromm anyhow. There are other great choices also but thats what I would choose. Try petflow.com. Shipping is free if you put in code ebn and only 5 bucks I think otherwise. Ships to your door in a week or less (from what I can personally say anyhow)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Cali Jen I will check the web site out

---

Gordis,Khalisie n Fry

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

YEA.... now your baby will be feeling better in no time! RC Bulldog is all rice and chicken, poor baby was just getting slammed -- so glad you did the allergy test and now know what to do.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Yes and I was able to deactivate it a few hours ago thanks for your help and by the way the isn't working? do you have any idea? I really like to use it istead of using my browser
    Gordis,Khalisie n Fry

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Thanx for letting us know the results. I hope that store has someone there that is knowledgeable on the products they carry. You are probably going to have to do a lot of label reading to find what you are looking for. Good luck to both of you.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@ BruceP They are very knowledgeable and I've bought food from them for two years now and I like the service and they dont carry supermaket dog food plus they have great prices and they have frequent buyer programs like buy a certain number of bags of the same brand and they'll give you one for free @ CaliJenn Im going to try out Fromm I hope they like it I'm going to give to the three of them thanks alot for your help
    Gordis,Khalisie n Fry

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    yay for you knowing now. That will make life much easier! If it were me then I would try the fromm surf and turf then. Course I use fromm anyhow. There are other great choices also but thats what I would choose. Try petflow.com. Shipping is free if you put in code ebn and only 5 bucks I think otherwise. Ships to your door in a week or less (from what I can personally say anyhow)
    The code for free shipping on orders over $49 is englishbulldog ... Not EBN

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Wow that's a whole lot of allergies. I do hope you find a dog food that works. HOwever, I would go with the smallest bag possible to start. I agree that fish seems to be the way forward but be warned that if you look at the label then most foods have a tiny bit of chicken in.
    Last edited by kazzy220; 10-04-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads