My puppy has hives

kakeihn56

Oct 2, 2011
Our 5 mo. old puppy Bella seemingly has hives this morning. Her usually smooth coat has a case of lumps and bumps! I cannot account for what might have brought this on. No recent change in diet or routine. The ONLY thing I can imagine is the Bounce dryer towel I used when laundering the throw for the couch. She snuggles with me there most evenings. If anyone has any helpful imput, advice,ideas, words of bully wisdom....please let me know?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: I can't really answer your question, but hopefully someone whose bully has had these same sort of issues will see your post and respond soon.

For now though if she is itching you can give her some benadryl to relieve her discomfort.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
it could be a reaction to her meds that she is on for her diarrhea, I know it's Sunday but I would try to call the vet and get some advice on if you should continue the medication or hold off on her next dose until they can see her.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
My puppy had hives a few days ago. I didn't think we had changed anything either but I realized that the chicken I was giving her as a treat was roasted with human food instead of boiled alone...boiled chicken for treats from now on. Bullies are more sensitive than I realized (first time owner here). Benedryl did help. i crushed it up and mixed it with cream cheese or peanut butter so she'd eat it fast. 1 pill for 25lb puppy worked well for me. good luck, its so sad to see bullies all miserable :(
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...ealth/9920-lolas-hives-post-1-day-2-help.html

Members online

No members online now.