Ruckus Update

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
He's still at the vet since yesterday morning. After having no luck with enemas they sedated him this afternoon to do a scoping procedure to remove the blocked poo. Just got a call and that didn't work either. The doc is going to open his belly and use his hands to try to work it out. If that doesn't work we have to take him to another vet hospital to have colon surgery. Our vet isn't staffed 24hrs to keep ruckus monitored or he would do the surgery himself. Please keep fingers and toes crossed that he doesn't need colon surgery!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Ruckus, we will keep him in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted. :pray:

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
oh I feel so so bad for you.. I am praying for your pup and for you.. please keep us posted. Where are you in New Jersey?.. We take Duke to the Matthew J Ryan ( univerisity of Penn ) vet hospital its very close to the Ben Franklin bridge.. ten minutes from New Jersey. they have excellent doctors there and are open 24 hours.. I am hoping the procedure the vet he is at now works for him..

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
wow, Did they xray him to see what is causing the blockage. I am mystified that they aren't wanting to go in and see at this point. Prayers are still your way.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
wow, Did they xray him to see what is causing the blockage. I am mystified that they aren't wanting to go in and see at this point. Prayers are still your way.

I thought the same thing just didn't want to say it?? I am concerned there is a blockage as well ? wondering if they did xrays? oh I am praying .....please let us know :pray:

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
The first thing they did yesterday were the x rays. Then after each enema they did more x rays to see how much was passed. We've been talking with the vet through each step. When they did the scope it was a solid rock so they couldn't get it out. He's trying to prevent colon surgery since it's pretty risky. I just keep blaming myself for switching his darn food. And I can't believe he is this blocked up in such a short time.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh no! I'm so sorry! Please ask them to xray so they know what they are dealing with! I am so worried...

Ohhh..saw you explained they DID xray! That makes me feel better about the vet..but I'm so upset for you and Ruckus...I can't believe food can do this!! :hug:

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw dont blame yourself. we dont know its the food. could be something else. gosh i will pray for him for sure. me and sarah. i hope he gets better soon.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awwww don't blame yourself! I highly doubt it is the food if there is a blockage. More than likely something foreign .... I cannot tell you the strange things I have pulled out of my bullies bottoms- including cardboard, blankets, toys, and the worst was a 15 inch piece of a sheet! I even met a lady at the vets once with a bulldog who was getting a small kong toy removed surgically that day.

There was another member on here who switched foods and their bully had a blockage- ended up being the head of a toy. They thought it was the food as well. Who was that? Anyone remember? Keep thinking babyduke but not sure...

Anyhow.... No blame upon yourself. You are trying to do the best for your baby, and you are a good bully mom to recognize that something was not right and got him to the vet. Hugs! Prayers all goes well!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwww don't blame yourself! I highly doubt it is the food if there is a blockage. More than likely something foreign .... I cannot tell you the strange things I have pulled out of my bullies bottoms- including cardboard, blankets, toys, and the worst was a 15 inch piece of a sheet! I even met a lady at the vets once with a bulldog who was getting a small kong toy removed surgically that day. There was another member on here who switched foods and their bully had a blockage- ended up being the head of a toy. They thought it was the food as well. Who was that? Anyone remember? Keep thinking babyduke but not sure... Anyhow.... No blame upon yourself. You are trying to do the best for your baby, and you are a good bully mom to recognize that something was not right and got him to the vet. Hugs! Prayers all goes well!
Yes! [MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION]..it was duke!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm sorry you're going through this too.Prayers go out to Ruckus that the blockage will be resolved w/out surgery and if surgery is needed, it will be a success. Like the others said, don't blame yourself...all you are doing is being the best bully parent you can be. Lots of hugs to you and Ruckus.:hug::hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So sorry Ruckus is not doing well and going through such a tough time... prayers and hugs heading your way.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online