OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
Hey all!

Today is Roxi's update after visiting the new vet and being on the liver enzymes and coQ for a week.

Week One:

All of her hives are completely gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:whew:
Her skin looks great!!!!! She does have a few small areas that are still healing but they look so much better than they did before!
She seems to be feeling so much better!:D

The only thing that I can complain about is that she does have some tear staining. I didn't give her benadryl or zyrtec for about 2 days after visiting the vet because I thought I wasn't supposed to. Well come to find out I could so I believe that the tear staining is from seasonal allergies. But it could also be that her liver is getting rid of all the toxins she had built up and that could be causing it as well ( that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

I will keep updating weekly!

Thank you all for checking on us!

[MENTION=3114]LoveMyBully82[/MENTION] I don't think the meds were bad at all but I was willing to pay anything to get her some relief! They were about $15-17 for a 30 day supply. So about $30 for the two meds. And she won't have to be on them forever, just long enough to get her liver functioning and filtering again at its optimum level and help her build up her immunity.

[MENTION=1790]Luvin My Bullie[/MENTION] How is Chaos doing?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So good to hear she is on her way to recovery! Keep up the great work with her :meeting:

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
[MENTION=1704]RoxiBear[/MENTION] Thanks for asking :) Chaos went back to the vet yesterday and the vet said he looks much much better. Now, to his worrisome momma, some places look better and some are still bad..... The vet still says his was a skin irritation, not an allergy because it didn't itch or scratch himself, etc. He gave him another round of the cephalexin and a slighty higher dose of the antifungal med and a new bottle of the fungal shampoo. He says this should do the trick! I hope and pray so please keep your fingers crossed!!!

Members online