How often do you brush your dog's teeth?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I am a terrible bully mom. Should have started the teeth brushing when Samson was just a baby. Now he clamps down like he's got a locked jaw anytime I try. Anyone have this problem? What do you do to keep your bully's teeth clean? He is 4 years old now and it really needs to be properly done and I don't know what to do. I must say though, he has really clean teeth. Mostly all white still. I can only attribute that to being such an aggressive chewer. He chews those durable nylabones, his kong and his giant rope toy like CRAZY!!! They say on the packaging that those chew toys help clean teeth but I always assumed that was just a claim to help sell the product, no I am starting to think it's true!!!

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Oh my....we have a hard enough time with wrinkle cleaning.. we haven't done Chester's teeth at all! :eek: He's SO bad with his squirminess that I won't even trim his nails.. maybe when I take him for his mani/pedi ;) at Petsmart I should have them do the teeth too??

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
It is true, both of my older bullies have exceptionally clean teeth because they LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to chew. Actually, Bentley had better teeth than Linus at age 6 (Linus is 4) because he was such an avid chewer. It is very important in cleaning bacteria and plaque off of teeth and massaging gums. Our vet has always marveled at how great the teeth and gums on our bullies look. That said, I haven't brushed any of the bulldog's teeth. It's probably a great thing to get them comfortable with as puppies just in case there's ever a need...I just can't imagine brushing them with that unique shaped jaw and big tongue!

Kimrisa

Jun 20, 2010
We do it once a week. On Sunday nights we do his weekly maintenance, teeth brushing and ear cleaning. He likes having his teeth brushed! Hates having his ears cleaned though!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my....we have a hard enough time with wrinkle cleaning.. we haven't done Chester's teeth at all! :eek: He's SO bad with his squirminess that I won't even trim his nails.. maybe when I take him for his mani/pedi ;) at Petsmart I should have them do the teeth too??

I am pretty sure the vets have to cleant heir teeth when they are under. Or maybe that is extreme cases? Thats what I have always thought so it isnt an option for us.
I started out storn with Cutty and we had that finger toothbrush in the beginning but totally forgot all about it now unfortunately. I think he would let us brush if we tried since he was used to it back then but his toothbrush is long gone now. I do notice his teeth starting to yellow a bit so he needs it!

SonoftheSea

Jul 28, 2010
The Netherlands
Bulldog(s) Names
Bono, Son of the Sea
Never :)
I have never brushed Bonos teeth.
Last week Bono was at the vet and without asking he complemented Bono (5 yrs) with his white and clean teeth. :D
To my opinion nutrition is important (probably it's in the genes too)
100_6519.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.