New to forum, excited for possible adoption

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
welcome to the site and i so hope things work out for you and zeus. keep us posted and good luck.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Hello and Welcome Daren. Hope you get Zeus or any bully in need. There is so much to learn about Bulldogs so you better spend a lot of time here reading the threads. You'll learn stuff here that vets don't always have the time to explain to you. We have "collective knowledge" here. LOL Just be sure to post some pictures of your new baby so we can ooh and aww! This is my baby...

4caff1b1-1e62-5f65.jpg

OP
D

DrNoble

Sep 28, 2011
New London, CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I just got some bad news form my Leasing Office.... Since I'm on the 2nd floor of my apt. building, I'm restricted to a dog that is 40 Lbs. at FULL Maturity... I feel like they just stabbed me in the chest. T^T

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
consider a female bully ideal weight is 45 lbs i think ?!?!? maybe a smaller female bully?

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
FINALLY ANOTHER PERSON FROM CT!!! I looked into adopting Zeus but he is not a good fit for us as we have another bully and he is iffy with other dogs. Some bullies are that small [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] have a female bully that is only 41 lbs (I think) and [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] has a female that is only 35 lbs. My Brooklyn (we got her from NYC due to lack of good, reasonable breeders here in CT) is only 33.5 lbs now at almost 8 months, so although she's still got some growing to do, she won't be huge either. Also another thing about bullies is that they look smaller than they actually are, the weight limit at my apt complex is 50 lbs. The people a few doors down from us have 2 bullies, they each weigh about 75 lbs but management doesn't actually weigh them and with them being so short and their weight being mostly muscle, they don't look like they weigh what they do.

OP
D

DrNoble

Sep 28, 2011
New London, CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
FINALLY ANOTHER PERSON FROM CT!!! I looked into adopting Zeus but he is not a good fit for us as we have another bully and he is iffy with other dogs. Some bullies are that small @LariP and @BruceP have a female bully that is only 41 lbs (I think) and @kazzy220 has a female that is only 35 lbs. My Brooklyn (we got her from NYC due to lack of good, reasonable breeders here in CT) is only 33.5 lbs now at almost 8 months, so although she's still got some growing to do, she won't be huge either. Also another thing about bullies is that they look smaller than they actually are, the weight limit at my apt complex is 50 lbs. The people a few doors down from us have 2 bullies, they each weigh about 75 lbs but management doesn't actually weigh them and with them being so short and their weight being mostly muscle, they don't look like they weigh what they do.

They want all kinds of documentation, and registration crap... It's like they want you to jump through so many hoops that it'll make you NOT to want an animal of any kind... As if the ridiculous $375 fee for pets AND a $10 a month, per pet fee wasn't enough...

If anyone can help me find a bully that can be under 40 lbs, fully matured and able to provide documentation for it, that'll be much appreciated. And the reason I wanted a male dog was because my wife already has a 6-year old Pom/Eskimo mix that isn't neutered... I don't want him violating my girl T^T

Last edited:

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=3338]DrNoble[/MENTION] 2 quick thoughts . 1 what if you adopted a mixed breed? there is no way to guarantee how large they would get so your apts policy are flawed and a little crazy.I would see if there is someone else you could talk to there. 2 You may have trouble adopting a bully from a rescue duA to the fact that you have an unneutered dog in your house. also an unneutered male and a neutered male often have issues well for that matter 2 males sometimes have issues either way., So really you should consider a female but I would speak to the rescue and find out what their policies are on other pets in the home.

Last edited:

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
yeah my fee was $400 and it's $20 a month "pet rent" CT is sure a pricey place to live.

OP
D

DrNoble

Sep 28, 2011
New London, CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
@DrNoble 2 quick thoughts . 1 what if you adopted a mixed breed? there is no way to guarantee how large they would get so your apts policy are flawed and a little crazy.I would see if there is someone else you could talk to there. 2 You may have trouble adopting a bully from a rescue duA to the fact that you have an unneutered dog in your house. also an unneutered male and a neutered male often have issues well for that matter 2 males sometimes have issues either way., So really you should consider a female but I would speak to the rescue and find out what their policies are on other pets in the home.

There is another person in the office I can try speaking to, and I have expanded my search to Beagle or Corgi mixes... I am really holding out to find a bully, and Besides... Bear (Un-neutered Male) is too much of a push-over and my wife and I take no crap from him. I'm keeping my options open, but I hope someone can find me the solution I'm looking for xD

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I wish you the very best of luck in you search for a new friend.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Hi [MENTION=3338]DrNoble[/MENTION]. My husband is also in the Navy and we lived in Rotten Groton. lol. Good luck with the bully! Maybe you can get into housing or something? They allow two pets any size so that would be easy :).

At any rate, good luck with your search and welcome to EBN!

OP
D

DrNoble

Sep 28, 2011
New London, CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hi @DrNoble . My husband is also in the Navy and we lived in Rotten Groton. lol. Good luck with the bully! Maybe you can get into housing or something? They allow two pets any size so that would be easy :).

At any rate, good luck with your search and welcome to EBN!

Glad to know there are Navy Wives/Sailors on the site too! :D And my choosing an Apt. was some harebrained scheme to be able to pocket BAH... I COULD rent a Townhome from Housing and still keep some cash... probly have a better office too... But for Now I believe I'm stuck here. And for sure my next choice in living situation will be a little more liberal with dogs.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Ex-Navy corpsman here and now a VA RN!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.