I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New to forum, excited for possible adoption

I applaud your choice to adopt! There are so many bullies in need of a loving home. I hope you hear something soon...good luck!
    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." <3

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site, you have found the perfect site, wether a new bully parent or a future one, this place has all the answers and friendships to make your bully experiance perfect.

All paws are crossed at our house for you. If by chance it doesn't work out, ck out the adoption pages, there are so many in need of homes right not.

Always with me

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

hope you don't have to wait too long to hear good news!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

welcome to the site and i so hope things work out for you and zeus. keep us posted and good luck.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Hello and Welcome Daren. Hope you get Zeus or any bully in need. There is so much to learn about Bulldogs so you better spend a lot of time here reading the threads. You'll learn stuff here that vets don't always have the time to explain to you. We have "collective knowledge" here. LOL Just be sure to post some pictures of your new baby so we can ooh and aww! This is my baby...

Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Awww, How adorable!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

I just got some bad news form my Leasing Office.... Since I'm on the 2nd floor of my apt. building, I'm restricted to a dog that is 40 Lbs. at FULL Maturity... I feel like they just stabbed me in the chest. T^T

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

consider a female bully ideal weight is 45 lbs i think ?!?!? maybe a smaller female bully?
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

FINALLY ANOTHER PERSON FROM CT!!! I looked into adopting Zeus but he is not a good fit for us as we have another bully and he is iffy with other dogs. Some bullies are that small @LariP and @BruceP have a female bully that is only 41 lbs (I think) and @kazzy220 has a female that is only 35 lbs. My Brooklyn (we got her from NYC due to lack of good, reasonable breeders here in CT) is only 33.5 lbs now at almost 8 months, so although she's still got some growing to do, she won't be huge either. Also another thing about bullies is that they look smaller than they actually are, the weight limit at my apt complex is 50 lbs. The people a few doors down from us have 2 bullies, they each weigh about 75 lbs but management doesn't actually weigh them and with them being so short and their weight being mostly muscle, they don't look like they weigh what they do.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    FINALLY ANOTHER PERSON FROM CT!!! I looked into adopting Zeus but he is not a good fit for us as we have another bully and he is iffy with other dogs. Some bullies are that small @LariP and @BruceP have a female bully that is only 41 lbs (I think) and @kazzy220 has a female that is only 35 lbs. My Brooklyn (we got her from NYC due to lack of good, reasonable breeders here in CT) is only 33.5 lbs now at almost 8 months, so although she's still got some growing to do, she won't be huge either. Also another thing about bullies is that they look smaller than they actually are, the weight limit at my apt complex is 50 lbs. The people a few doors down from us have 2 bullies, they each weigh about 75 lbs but management doesn't actually weigh them and with them being so short and their weight being mostly muscle, they don't look like they weigh what they do.
    They want all kinds of documentation, and registration crap... It's like they want you to jump through so many hoops that it'll make you NOT to want an animal of any kind... As if the ridiculous $375 fee for pets AND a $10 a month, per pet fee wasn't enough...

If anyone can help me find a bully that can be under 40 lbs, fully matured and able to provide documentation for it, that'll be much appreciated. And the reason I wanted a male dog was because my wife already has a 6-year old Pom/Eskimo mix that isn't neutered... I don't want him violating my girl T^T
    Last edited by DrNoble; 09-29-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@DrNoble 2 quick thoughts . 1 what if you adopted a mixed breed? there is no way to guarantee how large they would get so your apts policy are flawed and a little crazy.I would see if there is someone else you could talk to there. 2 You may have trouble adopting a bully from a rescue duA to the fact that you have an unneutered dog in your house. also an unneutered male and a neutered male often have issues well for that matter 2 males sometimes have issues either way., So really you should consider a female but I would speak to the rescue and find out what their policies are on other pets in the home.
    Last edited by dozersmama; 09-29-2011 at 03:36 PM.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

yeah my fee was $400 and it's $20 a month "pet rent" CT is sure a pricey place to live.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads