new to the forum (kinda)

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My name is Alisha I have 3 human children and am married. I joined the forum Friday and since then have got lots of great advice on food issues with my Tank. People here are very friendly and I find myself looking through the forums quite a bit since joining this forum. Tank will be 1 October 16th and is our first dog and so of course is also our first bully lol. We had looked into the breed for several years before finally tanking the leap and becoming a bully owner last December. Tank was a family Christmas gift and is a gift that keeps on giving and sometimes causes mommy to pull her hair out :lol:. It has been a adventure from the beginning of bringing him home and he reminds me of a toddler. Tank has been a blessing to our family and fits in perfectly. He was made for us that is for sure. Even though we done so much research before finally making the decision that a bully was for us we are still learning and have lots of questions. unfortunately they are like kids and don't come with handbooks. Im one of those moms that freak at any little issue and run to the vet. within the short time we have had tank he has actually been to the vet at least once a month lol! I'm hoping that since I have now found this wonderful forum Tanks vet visits will go down tremendously (my husband is begging that they do lol)and i will stop freaking out about every little thing. Its gotten so bad that Tank actually knows the vet building and will wine when we pass it and not stop :/.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:welcome:Alisha..and Tank! So glad you joined and are enjoying it! Feel free to ask any questions you have...chances are someone here will have info for you! We love pictures here!! :yes:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:welcome:
Hi Alisha, welcome to EBN! Your Tank sounds like a wonderful little guy. Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of him...hint...hint...

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. Glad you joined and we will be looking forward to all the pix you will be posting and hearing of the adventures of Tank. Please, feel free to ask questions. :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh welcome to the forum. hon we all here know about vet visits and worry so you will fit right in. oh and just a hint pics they love them here. oh and its very addictive here:lmao:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site, lots of friendly peeps here and before someone says it...:pics:

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
OMG !!!!! that is so cute. My buster hasn't been to the vet that much for himself(although he did have a pallet resection done, and eye tucks for eye lashes turning in-common issue) but for other bullies of mine that were having cancer, brain bleeds, and the like, BUT Buster runs up to the door and stands there like the commercial for Target !!!saying open-open open !! and once inside must greet everyone. that's when you know you have a good vet. but seriously- any questions and I can be called any time day or night.503-446-9936-I'm going to chnge it next month but will email you to give it to you. I have been working with behaviour /nutrition since 1996 and talk to the manufactureres weekly, I belong to the truth about pet food that does nothing but research pet foods, and while there are some good pet foods out there. rarely are they good enough for Bulldogs!!! and if you feed the best food, that needs no supliments, you do not go to the vet as often. and if you find out the secrets to a clean and healthy bulldog- you only go to the vet once a year for shots. there are so many little tricks to keeping a bully free pf allergies,clean, free from yest infections, and thriving on good behavior , that you will wish the human kids behaved as well and cost so little .!!! my email is < [email protected]> and I would be glad to share many easy keeping tricks to a healthy clean, long living bulldog! there is now a food on the market that has good live yogurt cultures in it , for immune boosting/easier digesting, healthy dog food. I love helping new bully owners stay out of the vets office. and add 3 to 4 years to the dogs lives, my daughter got 12 yrs with her first bully, and I have had 11 and 12 yrs with mine. and that IS A GREAT LENGTH OF LIFE FOR THESE GUYS.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
OMG !!!!! that is so cute. My buster hasn't been to the vet that much for himself(although he did have a pallet resection done, and eye tucks for eye lashes turning in-common issue) but for other bullies of mine that were having cancer, brain bleeds, and the like, BUT Buster runs up to the door and stands there like the commercial for Target !!!saying open-open open !! and once inside must greet everyone. that's when you know you have a good vet. but seriously- any questions and I can be called any time day or night.503-446-9936-I'm going to chnge it next month but will email you to give it to you. I have been working with behaviour /nutrition since 1996 and talk to the manufactureres weekly, I belong to the truth about pet food that does nothing but research pet foods, and while there are some good pet foods out there. rarely are they good enough for Bulldogs!!! and if you feed the best food, that needs no supliments, you do not go to the vet as often. and if you find out the secrets to a clean and healthy bulldog- you only go to the vet once a year for shots. there are so many little tricks to keeping a bully free pf allergies,clean, free from yest infections, and thriving on good behavior , that you will wish the human kids behaved as well and cost so little .!!! my email is < [email protected]> and I would be glad to share many easy keeping tricks to a healthy clean, long living bulldog! there is now a food on the market that has good live yogurt cultures in it , for immune boosting/easier digesting, healthy dog food. I love helping new bully owners stay out of the vets office. and add 3 to 4 years to the dogs lives, my daughter got 12 yrs with her first bully, and I have had 11 and 12 yrs with mine. and that IS A GREAT LENGTH OF LIFE FOR THESE GUYS.

Great to have you back and posting, Linda!!!!! :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Alisha and Tank and the whole family!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
4caff1b1-9d0c-f94a.jpg

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
There's the handsome guy! Welcome .. kinda. lol.

My vet visits have gone down since joining the forum as well. We used to run to the vets too until I read up on the threads here and learned the types of things that you'd need a visit and the ones that you can remedy yourself.

Stig's also my and my bf's first dog and first bully. They're great, aren't they.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is such a handsome guy, love the last pic of him and his stuffed toy, too cute.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
that is his baby he is constantly carrying it around and sleeps with it a lot. hes got a hands off rule when it comes to his baby. if he thinks your goin to touch it he hurrys up and gets it and then lays on it so you cant touch it and if you do find a time when he dont have it with him and are able to put it away in his toy bin he will go around gruffing (thats what we call his little snort/growl mixture) until he finds it and then will put it right back where he had it and bark at who ever he thinks touched it like hes telling you off. the kids like to torment him at times by taking his baby from him and he will go to me or daddy wining just like a 2 year old lol.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.