The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: new to the forum (kinda)

There's the handsome guy! Welcome .. kinda. lol.

My vet visits have gone down since joining the forum as well. We used to run to the vets too until I read up on the threads here and learned the types of things that you'd need a visit and the ones that you can remedy yourself.

Stig's also my and my bf's first dog and first bully. They're great, aren't they.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

He is such a handsome guy, love the last pic of him and his stuffed toy, too cute.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

that is his baby he is constantly carrying it around and sleeps with it a lot. hes got a hands off rule when it comes to his baby. if he thinks your goin to touch it he hurrys up and gets it and then lays on it so you cant touch it and if you do find a time when he dont have it with him and are able to put it away in his toy bin he will go around gruffing (thats what we call his little snort/growl mixture) until he finds it and then will put it right back where he had it and bark at who ever he thinks touched it like hes telling you off. the kids like to torment him at times by taking his baby from him and he will go to me or daddy wining just like a 2 year old lol.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Love it...I totally love the way you describe his love for his "baby." He sounds so precious and I love that you're so in tune with his feelings. Sounds like a happy family. Give him a big hug from me and my pack. BTW Do you have "back-ups" in case his baby falls apart? Some of our members have "Bullies with Babies" that need to keep emergency teddies or gorillas in stock.
    Last edited by Fontanafox; 09-21-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog(s) Names
    Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome, Alisha, Tank, & family! He's a handsome boy. I know my Katie makes me want to pull my hair out at times too. I am glad you're finding a lot of helpful advice here. I would be totally lost without the friends I've made on these forums!

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN. I have learned so much just in the 2 weeks I have belonged.

Hi, I actually have to say that I really liked your post. It was certainly helpful to me and am sure will be of great value to all the people who read this post.

hcg injections phoenix

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member Lindathedogsmaid's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda Parks- 360 681 5089
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pippa & Peanut
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

thank you very much- I had thought of writing a note to folks.a letter that shows the basic all inclusive
    things that will get a new paet off to the best start and to keep them out of the vets offices, recommending the safest,most durable toys in my experience in the last 15 yrs. the treat that are not
    bad for the dogs in one way or another,
    there is so much marketing out there , that say they are so good!!! but -- I do not beleive a car saleman- when buying a car---- why should we as pet parents -believe what a COMPANY says about ANY PRODUCT-----given the fact that advertising is THE MOST EXPENSIVE PART OF BUSINESS!!!!
    now ask yourself this ------WHY do they spend so much on advertising ??????-----BECAUSE the products that they are spending it one NEED the HELP----for good reason!!!!
    now there are several great foods out there that never have a commercial on TV- or in magazines!!!!
    WHY----because the food SELLS ITSELF--and WORD OF MOUTH----the best form of advertising!!!
    and they can put more into the foods~~~~~
    the reason and food is stocked in the BIG chain pet store is because the store can make more PROFIT on those brands--- the ones I recommend,(and I have a retail store license - that I buy wholesale with)I also chat with pet food companies weekly . asking questions that they have never been asked before, and may not want to answer. and THAT speaks volumes too. hot hot/how long the food is cooked. what vitamins are used ,and where is it obtained at . those things.
    and good food like FROMM, has about $10.00 profit margin on a bag of the food. that should be enough for pet stores -given the volume/no shipping after $500.00 to be happy with.
    but it is not- so only the holistic pet stores----or our favorite --PETFLOW.COM-- is happy- AND they give back to our rescues a portion of the sales to our rescue !!!! how great is that ??
    just use the English Bulldog for a code at the end of your purchases!!!!!
    can you tell I took marketing in college??? LOL!!!! I know how they work- and more important, I know the words they use to CONVINCE the PUBLIC to buy their food!!!!
    If you have a question regarding dog food, or behavior! call or e-mail me anytime.
    Linda Parks
    360-681-5089
    bullysmum@gmail.com

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member Lindathedogsmaid's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda Parks- 360 681 5089
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pippa & Peanut
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

thank you very much . read my latest post. take care, and hug your pets
    If you have a question regarding dog food, or behavior! call or e-mail me anytime.
    Linda Parks
    360-681-5089
    bullysmum@gmail.com

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome to EBN! Tank looks like a sweetheart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads