My Girl's Second Chance

ScuttleGirl

Sep 15, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Scuttle
Scuttle is a three year old English Bulldog who was recently taken into the ACPS in down town Jacksonville. As some of you may have already heard there was thirteen English Bulldogs taken from a vet's house and garage. Scuttle was one of the thirteen. She has been living with my family for three days (all of which I have been sick :tongue:). She is shy and fearful of everything that she is unsure about. Even though she has been here for such a short time she has shown improvement and has given us a peek into who she really is.

Here's a little bit more about her.

She is three years old and is very healthy (surprisingly). She's a little bit more petite, if a bulldog can even be petite? She get's along great with our four year old Golden and they balance each other out perfectly. She is afraid of our concrete flooring that runs throughout the entire house (we had to tear up our disgusting carpet and are hoping to get new carpet in soon). It's a shame that she had to be put through what she did but she is spunky and a fighter. Already she has won our heart!
photo (12).jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
WOW! What a sweetie!!!! :welcome: to EBN. Glad you joined and I look forward to hearing and seeing more about her. We love pix here so post away; I promise we won't tire of them.Feel free to ask any questions you may have about bullies, (or anything else). Thanx so much for providing a furever home to one of those poor bullies that needed one so badly. :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh, wow, Scuttle looks like a sweetheart. Bless your heart for taking her into your heart and home. Will you be keeping her long term or are you looking for a permanent home for her? Poor thing's been thru a lot...give her lots of hugs and kisses from us!

OP
ScuttleGirl

ScuttleGirl

Sep 15, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Scuttle
We have adopted her and are keeping her forever. As I type this she is laying on Sailor's, my Golden's, dog bed. The sound of her contented snoring is really....I can't even describe the feeling I get when I watch her sleep so peacefully. All her troubles are far behind her now. :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
We have adopted her and are keeping her forever. As I type this she is laying on Sailor's, my Golden's, dog bed. The sound of her contented snoring is really....I can't even describe the feeling I get when I watch her sleep so peacefully. All her troubles are far behind her now. :)

That's so wonderful! Congratulations on your new little girl!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Congrats! And kudos for adopting her. We have another member here who had applied...I know he'll be relieved to know they went to good homes! Welcome!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

So AWESOME! What a cutie pie she is and i love her name. Best of luck with her and thanks for giving her a new life/home.

DoughnutsMom

Jul 18, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Doughnut
Congrats! She is beautiful! I went yesterday and picked up the last 4 for FEBR and they were all the sweetest things. The best sound was the 4 of them snoring in the car as I drove to meet Jen. Thank you for adopting her...you are now officially owned by a bulldog!!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I'm so touched to see one these babies in a happy home. I can't help but tear up. The way you describe her lets me know you really love her. I'm so happy you have joined us and thanks for sharing your petite lil girl with us. Hope she likes her picture taken. BabyGirl doesn't but that doesn't stop me from trying...

4086e83b-8172-405b.jpg

4086e83b-8187-a0c5.jpg

4086e83b-81a2-30d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ScuttleGirl

ScuttleGirl

Sep 15, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Scuttle
Congrats! She is beautiful! I went yesterday and picked up the last 4 for FEBR and they were all the sweetest things. The best sound was the 4 of them snoring in the car as I drove to meet Jen. Thank you for adopting her...you are now officially owned by a bulldog!!
That's awesome! They were all so sweet. We met another male after we had met Scuttle (previously Butterscotch). She was the first bully we saw and the moment she laid down in front of us we knew she was ours. :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Scuttle is a doll. I hope you have many happy years together.

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
When I read that press release my heart broke just thinking about all of those bullies that were suffering. I am so happy You saved Scuttie. Now she will have the home and family she deserves! Please keep us updated.

L

Lucy-licious

This sentence made me catch my breath. you are a wonderful person giving this troubled baby girl a new loving home.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online