Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello all! New member here and lots of questions...

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello all! New member here and lots of questions...

OMG... he is ador-a-bull!! Great name for him too. So, welcome - this is a great place for all your bully needs and I agree with all the others - diet is SO important with this breed. Be sure to read the list of recommended foods here on EBN it is very informative and you will see a few surprises.

Now for the AC, my boy Nitschke had two replacements on his right back leg. The first happen when he was playing with his buddy Basta (Cane Corso). He would not put his leg done at all, took him in to find he had a complete tear. About 6 weeks in, we noticed he started lifting it again and it just did not seem right.. turned out it did not take, another tear in the repair. For the second surgery we went with a cadaver instead of the line and he was good as new and doing great.

The glucosamine/chondroitan is a great start to help with the joints. Good luck and keep us posted.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

What a great pup! Thanks for the pictures..so glad you found us and I think you will find a lot of help here. mange is a tough problem..but unfortunately a common one. I think you've got some great suggestions and remember how important the right food is for your guy!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Besito
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Burke View Post
    Attachment 11937hey all heres a couple pics of our puppy the black and white is him at about 3 months, the color pic is from the other day. His name is Maverick. Thanks for all the suggestions im going to try a few things and hopefully get him nice and healthy again. Attachment 11938
    Great puppy I can see that he has strong personallity. I have not experience neather of the two but I can tell you if you start actually looking for the right food for him that will help him a lot also to your packet. I noticed that he has some problems with his tears to help improve you can use Zincofax is a cream for the paper rash and it works believe me I use it on Besito and he does not suffer with it any more. What are you feeding him?

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog(s) Names
    Maverick
    Likes (Received)

He gets blue buffalo chicken/brown rice and now added to it 2 teaspoons of wild alaskan salmon oil.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

hi and welcome! When my stig had mange it was a secondary reaction to his food ... he was allergic to some of its ingredients so it compromised his immune system. after a few switches, we found that raw was best for jim. haven't visited the the vet since the change, except for a cherry eye. this was about a year ago.

i mentioned food because it does play a crucial role in boosting and keeping their immune system strong. Blue bufallo is good food though :. have you noticed any other symptoms of a possible allergy?
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Hello and welcome! So sorry to hear about your baby. This site is the most wonderful resource for help and support. So many people with different experiences and lots of love to share!!! It's like a big family and I love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome and maverick is a handsome young man we have had issues with mange and jar now getting over it. He came from a litter of 9 and all lived!!! So his immune system wasn't as strong when e was a puppy around 5 month he got mange and a few months later w some antibiotics and cream it was cleared. When he turned 1 in feb he had another out break of it and we have been fighting it ever since. We did 6 weeks of dips and that didn't clear it up! The vet had us try promeris it's a flea and tick medicine but is goin off the market cause it was having bad side effects to some dogs. It hasn't bothered lex and he is 100% better after 4 mints of being on it. We are in the process of changing his food to a 6 star food so I'm hoping it will help with the hair growing back. Also another type of medicine I have been told about is inver... Something @cali~jenn can tell u more about it what did he do to rear his acl?
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads