Hi from Spokane, Wa

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Hi, our family has been contemplating adding a bulldog to it's midst for a couple years and it is looking like we may finally take the plunge. We are a blended family with 8 kids between us (luckily most are out of the house, lol). We also have 2 grandkids, though I don't feel old enought to be a grandma!! The boss of the hous, or at least he thinks so, is our Westie. We are very aware of the importance of genetics and impeccable breeding as well as the possible associated medical problems with Bulldogs. Hence the long contemplation period. I have thoroughly researched bulldogs but now I am asking for any advice from the pro's, all you bulldog owners. The breeder I am possibly buying from is Silver Butte Kennels, here in Washington. Please help!!

Tracy and Dean

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
Welcome! It sounds like you have certainly done your homework on bullies. They sure can be a handful, but there is nothing else like them in the world! I personally adopted my dog from a rough situation, but I would love to have a puppy sometime in the future. You have come to the right place for advice and answers to all of your questions!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
359134z7dmsj9qv5.gif

:D

We love bullies over here, so yeah, go go go go go!

But I don't know anything about Silver Butte... which can be good (no negative news is good news, right?)

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
Hi...I have no info about the breeder but maybe you could ask for references from previous people who own one of their puppies:) in my opinion you can't go wrong with a bully they are the most loveable loyal dog I have ever owned :) i wouldn't trade my bullies for anything!!! Good luck and hope all works out for you :)

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
:welcome: I always wanted a bully and my only regret of getting one is why did I wait so long? They have their own little personality, like no other breed. They are a little more time consuming than some other breeds, face washing daily and brushing because they do seem to shed, but I enjoy all of it. You can eliminate alot of the health issues by starting them off on a great food. Food makes a huge difference and eliminates alot of issues. Just check out the article on food and the food ratings page. It was a lifesaver to me and taught me so much!

OP
agingermom

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you!! I looked at rescue dogs this AM but Istill have a 9 and 10 year old at home, which excluded many of them.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Usually for the cut-off for age is 8 for rescue. But good for you for getting a Bullie!!! They ROCK!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They are the best dogs ever, most loving and great personalities. Yes they are a little bit of work but well worth it. I think I would ask for references of previous owners of the breeder, and see if they will show you the sire and dam. Good luck and you will love them.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
You have lots of good advice already. If you seriously want a rescue, most organizations will look at you as an individual so that even if your children are younger than the cut-off they may still consider you.

I don't know anything about the breeder but the suggestions of the others are good...maybe get references as well as ask to see the parents (keep in mind the sire may not be on premises). You may also want to browse the articles (link at the top of the page) I think there is info on finding a puppy.

Good luck and I hope you find your bully soon!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
First of all,, :welcome: to EBN. Glad you joined and I hope you find exactly what you are looking for. With bullies quality is most often reflected in their cost. Quality breeders go to great length to breed out some of the negative health issues of the breed.... and you pay for their effort. Most times it is worth it in the long run not to go the cheap route with bullies... Also, beware of the scam... their are so many scams out there for bullies its unbelievable. Take your time and be careful but have fun in your search. Bullies are worth every penny except when they eat your shoe :laugh: ;)

L

Lucy-licious

Bullies are worth every penny except when they eat your shoe :laugh: ;)
Never a truer word was spoken...make sure you have somewhere safe to keep the out of those slobbery jaws. :welcome: by the way, I hope your search for your puppy is successful, you will never regret it.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: hope to see pics of a new family member soon!

OP
agingermom

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think he is the one!! His name is Chevy and he is a monster. The hope is to pick him up this weekend!! This is my first attempt at attaching on this site. I am still trying to change my avatar as well.

Attachments

• chevy.jpg
    chevy.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 153

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Welcome .... sounds like you've already had wonderful advice from everybody here. I really don't think I have that much more to add other than to stress the importance of getting him on a good food as soon as you can!

I adore his pic by the way ........

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online