Hello from Fizz's mum!

F

Fizzpops

Hi, I had added your page on Facebook so thought I may as well register here!
Me and Matt adopted Fizz a year ago, we think she is around 5 years old. She came from Poland, so we had a bit of fun trying to teach her English! :confused:
She is a total honey and likes nothing better than stuffing her face and having a big nap on the sofa, although she is pretty active for a bulldog! She is a daddy's girl because she has spent more time with him than me - we only see each other at weekends at the moment because of work, but soon we will all be together again!

Look forward to looking at all of your photos and stories! :D

Simone :bully: :heart:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hello Simone and Fizz! Glad you joined us!! We have been hoping for more members from outside the USA, to hear stories and experiences. I cannot wait to see photos of your Fizz :). Wonderful that you adopted! We have the nicest group going here, and welcome you with open arms and bully hugs and licks!

Where is Lincs exactly?

OP
F

Fizzpops

Lincolnshire is in the East Midlands of England, we are not originally from this area but both live here because of work (I'm Scottish, Matt's English and Fizz is Polish!).
We are glad we adopted Fizz, we aren't quite sure what's gone on in her past but she is happy with all the attention and cuddles she gets from us - not that you can really tell, but still!
I'm going to go and work out how to get some photos up here to show her off...:bully: :D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Aaah of course, England! Can't wait for pix!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Welcome Simone and the rest of your European connection... I'm looking forward to seeing pics of Fizz

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Welcome Fizz and mum, glad you joined us.

SonoftheSea

Jul 28, 2010
The Netherlands
Bulldog(s) Names
Bono, Son of the Sea
Welcome Fizz,
My bulldog Bono gives you many hugs and licks :D
Bono kop Hyves.jpg

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Hellooo! Simone && Fizz! Ah thats such a cute creative name, Fizz, I Love it! :D
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
Can't wait to see pics of fizz! :)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Welcome aboard. I'm really interested in hearing on how you went about teaching a 5 year old bulldog a new language. I'm sure you have some great stories and I can't wait to hear them. Welcome!

OP
F

Fizzpops

Thanks everyone :D Not been on here much since I joined, but internet's up and running properly now so I can make the most of it!

Teaching Fizz (we didn't name her, but it suits her so well that we weren't bothered about trying to change it and confuse her further!) how to understand English was certainly fun... mainly it involved cheese, ham and a LOT of repetition - she's not exactly the brightest button in the box :heart: We only worked out why she was being so "ignorant" when we remembered her previous owner saying they had got her from a Polish man.. we looked up Polish words on the internet and tried them out - all of a sudden she was doing what she was told! After a lot of giggling, we started using the English words along with the Polish words, until she knew what to do. I think she pretended to not understand more than was really true, in order to get as much cheese into her chops as possible.

Hope you and your bullies are all happy and healthy :bully: :heart: xxx

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Thanks everyone :D Not been on here much since I joined, but internet's up and running properly now so I can make the most of it!

Teaching Fizz (we didn't name her, but it suits her so well that we weren't bothered about trying to change it and confuse her further!) how to understand English was certainly fun... mainly it involved cheese, ham and a LOT of repetition - she's not exactly the brightest button in the box :heart: We only worked out why she was being so "ignorant" when we remembered her previous owner saying they had got her from a Polish man.. we looked up Polish words on the internet and tried them out - all of a sudden she was doing what she was told! After a lot of giggling, we started using the English words along with the Polish words, until she knew what to do. I think she pretended to not understand more than was really true, in order to get as much cheese into her chops as possible.

That sounds like most ebs. haha. Funny a lot of people dont think they are so smart until they realize they really are and are just stubborn. lol

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the bully family. It is interesting hearing how you are making your pup bi-lingual. I once knew a bi-lingual Brittney Spaniel, it was cool.
My two are so spoiled, they are stubborn as can be, now I know why bull is in their name. Now if I can just figure out my kids!!! lol

Again welcome
Leslie

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.