Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Fizz's mum!

Fizzpops

Default Re: Hello from Fizz's mum!

Thanks everyone Not been on here much since I joined, but internet's up and running properly now so I can make the most of it!

Teaching Fizz (we didn't name her, but it suits her so well that we weren't bothered about trying to change it and confuse her further!) how to understand English was certainly fun... mainly it involved cheese, ham and a LOT of repetition - she's not exactly the brightest button in the box We only worked out why she was being so "ignorant" when we remembered her previous owner saying they had got her from a Polish man.. we looked up Polish words on the internet and tried them out - all of a sudden she was doing what she was told! After a lot of giggling, we started using the English words along with the Polish words, until she knew what to do. I think she pretended to not understand more than was really true, in order to get as much cheese into her chops as possible.

Hope you and your bullies are all happy and healthy xxx

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzpops View Post
    Thanks everyone Not been on here much since I joined, but internet's up and running properly now so I can make the most of it!

Teaching Fizz (we didn't name her, but it suits her so well that we weren't bothered about trying to change it and confuse her further!) how to understand English was certainly fun... mainly it involved cheese, ham and a LOT of repetition - she's not exactly the brightest button in the box We only worked out why she was being so "ignorant" when we remembered her previous owner saying they had got her from a Polish man.. we looked up Polish words on the internet and tried them out - all of a sudden she was doing what she was told! After a lot of giggling, we started using the English words along with the Polish words, until she knew what to do. I think she pretended to not understand more than was really true, in order to get as much cheese into her chops as possible.
    That sounds like most ebs. haha. Funny a lot of people dont think they are so smart until they realize they really are and are just stubborn. lol

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the bully family. It is interesting hearing how you are making your pup bi-lingual. I once knew a bi-lingual Brittney Spaniel, it was cool.
    My two are so spoiled, they are stubborn as can be, now I know why bull is in their name. Now if I can just figure out my kids!!! lol

Again welcome
    Leslie

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Fantastic! Iit! Vegas and Orion know sign language. The sign I use every day is the sign for the word "finished". They like to hang around the kitchen during meal time. First they eat, then they return for meds. Once the meds have been taken, they sit there...with heads cocked...waiting for more. The second I give the sign "finished" they both run off checking out each other's food bowl for any missed morsels of food. It's a good thing they can't sign back. I'm sure Orion would be signing "more, more, more, more.....hungry, hungry, hungry".

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Wow! How smart of you to get her language to help the transition! Isn't it just amazing what you can find on the internet? Sounds like you've had a fun filled challenge. Hope you visit here often, it really is a fun group. Welcome!

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads