Newbie!

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
Hi, I have been reading the boards for a while now, but finally decided to register. We have a bulldog who will be one on September 1st. His name is Sullivan, but we call him Sulley. Once I figure out how to put a picture on here from my iPad, I will post some.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Welcome to you and Sulley! Is he named after the hero pilot? I actually LOVE that name! So glad you joined us..sure you can tell everyone is very friendly and there are no dumb questions here!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Welcome to you and Sulley! His name reminds me of Monsters, Inc. lol. I hope you post some pictures soon. Please feel free to jump right on in and I hope you feel comfortable posting tips and stories!

OP
S

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
He is named after James P Sullivan (Sulley) from Monster's Inc. I am a big Disney fan, so he had to have a Disney name. We also have an older Pomeranian named Woody. I have always wanted a bulldog, so when our other pom passed away, we found Sulley. He is such a great family dog! So sweet, playful, and breeze to train. He is champion sired and o so cute! The only issue is food problems, which I am trying to figure out.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwww..[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] was right..afterwards I saw his full name is Sullivan! Duh on me..food is the toughest puzzle we all struggle with. It's a crap shoot..what works for one might not work for another! What food is he on and what have you tried? I'm sure you saw the food ratings page? Ask any questions you might have..there are tons of knowledgable people here..they will jump in!

OP
S

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
Awwww..[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] was right..afterwards I saw his full name is Sullivan! Duh on me..food is the toughest puzzle we all struggle with. It's a crap shoot..what works for one might not work for another! What food is he on and what have you tried? I'm sure you saw the food ratings page? Ask any questions you might have..there are tons of knowledgable people here..they will jump in!
Yes, I posted on the nutrition forum looking for advise. I had him on Purina pro plan, which was not good - loose stools, ear infections, paw licking, etc. Then I tried Nature's Logic Lamb, which seemed to help with the stools, but now his wrinkles, face and eyes are turning a rust/red color. His tummy is also turning a rust color. So I just ordered go natural salmon, but since it has oats in it I'm not sure. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhh..I thought his name was familiar! Lol..I think lamb is like chicken..a lot of bullies are sensitive to it. I am going to tag [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]..she is super good and knowledgable about food..much much better than me! She will see this and give you great advice. Might not be until tomorrow! Don't worry..we will find good options for you and Sulley!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Welcome to you and Sulley. Thanks for joining. We all put our heads together here so we can help each other.

4caff1b1-9918-e635.jpg

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome:

I use an iPad too.

You can post pics two ways that I know of. 1. is using tap a talk, an app you download and then can load pics you have stored on your iPad in advanced mode. (I've only used it once and don't like using tap a talk, just not my personal preference)

2 ( my preferred method) load your pics onto photo bucket using a PC. Then open photo bucket in a separate window. Find your pic tap on the bottom link in the list for the pic until you can select all. Then copy. Then come back to EBN window and click
on post you are creating and tap to paste the picture link you copied.

Additionally, using an iPad and posting here you won't have paragraphs unless you go back and edit your posts to add spaces. Just something wierd that happened when we had a server malfunction a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. I'll just be sitting here WAITING for pix!!!!! lol Glad you joined and if you have any questions please feel free to ask them. There are some very knowledgeable bully people here that can answer about any question you come up with. lol Join right in! :D

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Welcome Sully, I think lots of people on here feed their bully's Fromm grain free. I switched to Fromm after trying several brands. I would really like to go to a raw diet, but with 5, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a tad more difficult. but I believe that to be the best diet. Can't wait to see the pictures of Sully, love the name :D

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome welcome welcome. You have found the perfect place to answer all your food questions. Since every dog is different it still maybe some trial and error to see if it works. Good Luck it can be overwhelming.

I love the name Sulley for a bullies. My nickname is Boo and she is my fav on Monsters Inc.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome!!!! Yep I am also waiting patiently for pics........... Ok not so patiently. haha I too love the name, cute! As for food, I think I replied in your thread maybe but I cannot keep track of this stuff in my head. lol. I know lamb makes my boy very pink so I have to stay away from it. Welcome to the world of fixing their food. This is a never ending battle for sure!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online