Hello

Roxysmommy

Aug 21, 2011
Hello everyone. My name is jeanna and we have a 8 month old bully baby named Roxy. She's amazing and a huge prescence in our lives. I have az question. We r having trouble with her chewing the corners of pillows and sheets. When her jaw is locked on it's almost impossible to retrieve. Any suggestions?

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Hi and welcome we love pix here u will be asked by everyone! I wish I could help with the chewing violet will be 5 months and she ate part of our wall my chair and the plastic covering in our hand weights lol. Good luck

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Soon2bBullyMom

Aug 21, 2011
Missouri
Bulldog(s) Names
Rex
Hello and welcome. I am new here too!Chewing is common in puppies and young dogs. Do you have things she is allowed to chew around the house. Kong and Nylabone products are usually string enough to hold up to strong chewers. To get her interested you can hide treats in them or dab a little peanut butter on them. Praise her anytime you see her chewing on her things. Also make sure she is getting enough playtime, tired dogs are good dogs!Next keep things you don't want her to chew away from her. This may mean using baby gates or a crate. If you can't be watching her, have her in a "safe" area. Set her up for success. You can also tether her to yourself (leash) so you know where she is at all times.Lastly teach the "leave it" command. This teaches her certain things are offlimits.Good luck, can't wait to see pictures!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: you can also try several distraction methods to get her attention and get her to let go. Shake coins in a can, or offer something you allow her to chew like the toys @soon2bebullymom suggested.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
I forgot to add violet has several toys and bones to chew on they are hardly touched lol

Soon2bBullyMom

Aug 21, 2011
Missouri
Bulldog(s) Names
Rex
There are several toys on the market that allow you to hide treats or kibble in them. Some dogs are very picky on their toys, but if Violet (or Roxy) is a food hound, I really suggest getting a few (the big chain pet stores usually have a variety). These keep them busy (meaning they aren't destroying YOUR stuff), and gives them a mental and physical work out. We have several and rotate them. I usually stuff them with yummy things and freeze them. This makes them last longer and is a real treat on hot days.

Another good distraction tool is a simple squirt bottle or squirt gun. Usually a quick splash of water gets their attention. Just follow this with something good. You let go of that so you get this (treat, praise, toy etc). If possible catch her BEFORE she actually gets a hold of things, and redirect her onto something appropriate for her.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Yeah great suggestions.see She waits till I'm nursing the baby and knows I can't move then does stuff she's nit suppose to do lol I got her a rib bone she loved it for a day and a half lol I'm just hoping her back teeth hurry up and finish coming in

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:welcome: glad you found us! Need pics of Roxy! My Jake is 8 1/2 months..he gnaws the heck out of his toys..I have a big pile and he picks different favorites every day..sometimes every hour! I think they like the variety..we have nylabones..3 different sizes..kong toys..assorted rings..his favorite is deer antlers. Tonight when we came home from dinner..my huge living room rug had it's corner flipped back and he had been SUCKING on the pad underneath! Just keep lots of toys available and know soon she will outgrow it!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! Great advice already! Can't wait to hear more about your bully life :$

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I normally would say:pics:, but lots of good advice has been given and I hope it helps you. :welcome: to EBN. Feel free to join right in and I'll just be sitting here WAITING for your pix!!!!! :rofl: ;)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi and welcome! Yup, distractions as said above is what worked for us. Don't worry, Roxy will grow out of it. But when she does you'll miss her puppy phase so don't forget to enjoy every minute! And take tons of pics! :)

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
Welcome! I bought the bitter apple spray to keep Katie from chewing.. but it doesn't last long. Reapplying constantly sucks... so I'd go with the distraction method. The water gun sounds interesting. haha

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Great advice already but I know some have used the air in a can that is used for cleaning computers etc. If the water doesnt work may be worth trying. Welcome and yes please share pics with us, we love em here. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.