Report On Buster

BillyL

Aug 8, 2011
Gadsden, Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
A few days ago, I posted my first message here and found some wonderful caring people and I just wanted to take the time and express just how much it means to me, for those of you who took the time and showed me your cared. As some of you know I had to Rush my english bulldog Buster to the vet and I really did not know if I would ever see him again that was Monday the 8th of Aug. By Wednesday, I got a call from the Vet and he told me to come and get Buster, boy! that was good news to hear. The Vet went over the detailed lab results and I have to keep an eye on him and is due back at the Vet next week. Let me give you a rundown on what the lap results showed.
1.Blood sugar level was about 60mg/dl above the normal range.
2.The Red Blood Cell was low. (HCT) this measures the percentage of red blood cells to detect anemia and dehydration.
3.The oxygen carrying proteins was low just below normal(HGB)
4.The White Blood Cell count was high, this measures the body's immune cells that indicate diseases or infections
5.The Platelet count was low and has to do with cells that form blood clots.
6. His Thyroid reading was low and was given medicine for this.

I just wanted to share this with you and suggest that you take the time and get a Detailed Lab Reading for your dog. Buster was running and having a great time and the next day you see your dog fall on the ground with a strange look on his face and he can not get up, Rushings him to the vet wondering if this is it. I still can not get this out of my mind. So please take time and get blood work done on your dog, so you won't have to go through what I am now feeling now, it just may save your dogs life. I would like to hear from any of you that have had problems like this and what was done to correct it. The type of food you are feeding your dog or anything that may help my dog would mean a great deal to me. Feel free to email me at [email protected]. Once again thank you for your understaning, Billy

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Wow..Billy..what a story. Your poor Buster..you know..you can ask anything here! If you need advice about food or skin..itchiness..anything..just ask! That's why we are here..we love our dogs and it's a big family! You have already contributed a lot and somewhere out there is someone needing your experiences! There is a ton of food info here..and many choices..just jump in..we are honored to have you and especially thrilled Buster is back!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am glad he is back home with you. It is so very scary when you do not know what is wrong with your pup. Please keep letting us know how he progresses.

What do all of the blood tests add up to mean? I see the thyroid problem but what do the others indicate?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad Buster is doing better and at home, it is a scarey thing knowing you are about to loose one of your loved ones.

L

Lucy-licious

So happy that Buster is home and OK! Did the vet give you any indication what was wrong other than the thyroid problem? and I second what @JAKEISGREAT said :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad Buster is better because you got him the help he needed as quickly as you did! Are you treating with something that will stimulate the thyroid, or switching food?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online