My Story :)

lynnmaher

Aug 8, 2011
Hello everyone....I am new to this board...

I have a "granddog" her name is Bentley. She is an English bulldog, all white with one brown eyebrow and a few brown spots on her left ear...Bentley is adorable and I love her so much.....My son brought her over to my house when she was 3 months old, I fell in love with her immediately !!!!

I never grew up around dogs and neither has my son...thats what is funny....I never could understand why people talked about their pets....but I DO NOW !!!:D

I do have a question.....do Bulldogs become obsessed with things? Meaning...Bentley loves the broom....she drags it....barks at it....JUMPS it....chews on the plastic end....till she is all huffing and puffing....(after 5 minutes) I put it away and after she is all calm again...she goes and stands by the closet wanting it again.....she is like a teenager playing videos all day....is she silly or what...is this good or not?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Welcome to the group. We like pictures around here. My dogs get obsessive about certain things too. My new addition is obsessive about the flyswatter. I have no idea why.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
LOL! I don't think the obsession is a bulldog thing. I had a Lhasa Apso that did that with this throw pillow. It's not any pillow - just this one particular pillow. He would "dig" at it until all the pillow filler is all outside the pillow. I would then restuff the thing and he goes right back at it. Crazy dog.

With the broom - might as well make it "his broom". Although, you might want to make sure he doesn't swallow the bristles before giving it to him.

WELCOME TO EBN! Hope you get a good experience here.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: Lynn to EBN Glad you joined us. Bullies are very playful and can be quite funny in some of the things they do. I dont find the broom obsession odd at all,,,,, for a bullie, that is. LOL Again, Welcome!!

OP
L

lynnmaher

Aug 8, 2011
I don't know how to add a picture...I'll have to have my son do it....What I've seen so far on this web site is awesome....I can feel the love between all you and the bullies.....when I am bored at work I gt on the web and watch english bulldog videos....like "Gus and the swimming pool" ...these make me laugh !!!

About Bentley and the broon....yes, I cut off all the "bristles"....even though she loved pulling them out....

DinoRoyale

Aug 4, 2011
Red Wing
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
Definately not odd at all. Angus somehow found the plunger and was running around with it. Sneaky lil bully! :D

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My boy hasnt gotten ahold of the broom but I am sure if he did this would be his reaction also. My boy is obsessed with a few things and it does sound like a normal bully thing. :p Welcome aboard, glad you found us. For posting pics I like to use photobucket as my picture site, you can easily upload to there then once you do, post the link they give (bottom of the 4) and it will show up as a pic here. Good luck!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welcome grandma to bully!!! of course you fell in :luv: what's not to love? The drool, the shedding, the gas, wiping of the face, the allergies (in most) I completely understand why you fell in love!! Vegas is obsessed with his stuffed toy, if you even touch it he goes nuts! He does not try to tear it up but it is HIS!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site, and it is very for them to steal our hearts. As far as the obsession, well they all find something they just love. Hope to see some pics soon. :)

L

Lucy-licious

Hi there and :welcome: so happy you decided to join our family :)
Bulies obsessive??? Oh yes! thats one of their many talents and why we all love them so much.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: like everyone has said, it's a fairly "normal" bully thing to obsess. I hope your son can get some pics posted soon!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Glad you joined us. I can't wait for your son to add photos of Bently.

Both of mine are obsessive over things. Abby it is balls, she freaks out and will go to great lengths to get a ball in her mouth. Bella it is water bottles. We can't drink the water fast enough for her. As soon as it is opened she is on our laps wanting it.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Welcome Grandma! We can't wait to see pictures of Bentley. We are glad you joined us. Keep sharing stories of you granddog :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=2963]lynnmaher[/MENTION] Hello and welcome ... bulldogs and OCD .... really???? :ROFL:

No, it's not ONLY bulldogs who get obsessive, but I think it's safe to say that they are one of the breeds who suffer the greatest from OCD. And ... that's why we love them even more!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.