Hello from a new bulldog owner!

tinainvirginia

Apr 20, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Goliath & Sir Bentley
Hi there! My name is Tina and we got our english bulldog puppy, goliath, back in April of this year.

this is the first dog i have ever had so the training has been for me as much as for him. we are still having problems with him potty training so i'm hoping to get some help and insight into how to best care for and train goliath.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome to the boards, glad you found us! Goliath is a cute name need to see pics! I am no expert on potty training but what worked very well for us was cookies cookies and more cookies. Everytime they went out to go potty they got one and now they still expect them. I usually give carrots or veggies since they go so often throughout the day.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi Tina! Welcome to EBN!

Have you tried crate training?

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Hello Tina,

How are you currently training?

We have had quick results with crate training.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Crate training and clicker training. Vegas (boy) was harder to train than Orion (girl). Both did well with clickers AND they still come in, sit and wait for bootie wipes if needed to get treats.

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
yes welcome...we did crate training with spike and then puppy pads but as he got older he decided he didn't like peeing on the pad but outside so he did really good :) good luck can't wait to c pics

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.