We have a Dozer

momtodozer

Greetings all from VA! This is our first EBD...we have had boxers before. We "took in" a boy who is a year and a half on Tues. He was not in a great situation and wasn't getting proper care so we may have a slightly rough road ahead of us. But we have fallen quickly in love with him. His skin is awful and he has a cherry eye...but his personality is just the best. I'll try to get some pics up and I'm so glad that I found a place where I can pick peoples brains and ask tons of questions!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh yes, you are in the right place. Welcome Dozer, you're in good hands now buddy. Check out the sight thoroughly. You will find lots and lots of good people here. There's also a list of "35 things you need to know about bulldogs" on the home page. Directions on how to use all these neat things on this site.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Welcome! Glad you found us. How very sweet of you to take Dozer in. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions. Our bulldogs sure do like to keep us on our toes sometimes. :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:welcome: like everyone else..glad to meet you and this is the best place...EVER! But I think there is a slight problem...don't worry..you can fix it! :pics::laugh: funniest thing is I can hardly do pics at all!! Demanding..I AM!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Hi and welcome!!! Just like what [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] said. We loooove pictures here!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Welcome and congrats to both you and Dozer. You are now on the best adventure! EB's will steal your heart in 2 seconds flat and are like no other breed. You will be hooked! lol. We do love pictures here so don't be shy about sharing. I am glad he is with you now so that you can take care of his medical/skin issues and make him happy and healthy! Browse the site as there are LOTS of topics that might interest you and never, ever, feel shy about asking questions! The people here are so helpful and most are full of knowledge gained by experience.

Take care and hope you enjoy your new boy!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: [MENTION=2888]momtodozer[/MENTION]...... So glad you joined EBN.... absolutely the best place to be for bully info and fun. As someone may have mentioned you will need to get some pix posted before the pic police get after you ;). So Dozer has bad skin huh? Among other problems I take it. Lets start out with diet as that is the root of all evil with bullies. What are you feeding him now? And we can go from there. Anyway, feel free to join right in. :D

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Welcome to our Bulldog World! You will learn things about bulldogs that you might not find anywhere else.

4caff1b1-902b-9aad.jpg

Royandcourtney

Jul 16, 2011
Central Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Rex
Welcome....... We are going down the same road. We took in Rex who had the same problems a couple of weeks ago. As Brucep said. Start with the diet. There are hours if not days worth of material on here about food allergies. If you take Dozer to the vet ask them about Cephalxin, an antibiotic for bacteria on the skin. Rex had oozing hot spots and now they are starting to heal perfectly. His eyes have cleared up and he no longer smells like a dog all thanks to high quality dog food and a little help from our vet. We got him neutered on Monday and our vets were amazed on how much better he looked in 10 days. Have to give a little friction like everyone else. Post some pics!!!!!

OP
momtodozer

momtodozer

I put Doz on TOTW. He seems to like it just fine except for in the mornings when I add salmon oil but he eventually gives in and eats it :) I also give him 2 Benadryl a day to help with the initial problem. He is starting to look better. Even his cherry eyes isn't quite so red. The vet did a stain to check his cornea but said it was ok and started him on an ointment every 8 hours to try and shrink it down before doing the surgery when we get him neutered. He doesn't smell quite as bad as he did when we first got him. The vet also said that since he was around so many cats he could have flea bites so we are treating that immediately also. Any suggestions or advice is more than welcome. I got a few pics to load in my album and even got an Avatar...yea me...but will try to get more pics up soon!! Thanks all for the warm welcome!!!

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Hello and welcome! My violets daddys name is dozer ;) great name

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.