OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Welcome, you Bella is beautiful. Ours is named Isabella and I planned on calling her Izzy, but got out numbered from the family. I didn't even think of Bella in Twilight until about a year into it.

She is beautiful, even with the Gator shirt. LOL So does this mean you live in FL?

Her previous mamma is a Georgia fan... my husband immediately got rid of her Georgia cheerleader outfit and took my Gator shirt to put on her. LOL. Yeah, we're Gator fans and we're just on the other side of the Buckman from you! I saw several other people on here in our neck of the woods...

P.S. My husband has been calling her Bullie (because I now have 3 bruises from her bullie-dozing into me and my husband thinks it's funny) and she responds to it now. I think she's going to be officially called Bullie soon.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Miz Bullie is a doll! My only other suggestion is that you get her a harness. So you don't have a repeat slip out. If fitted properly she can't slip out of that the way they can a collar and because of Bullies tendency for breathing issues the less chance of restriction on the airway the better.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
She looks good to me. Harness most definitely. I've had too many slip-offs from collars. If you can, order a leather one. My big Wilson has worn out the fabric kind but his leather one has stood the test of time and his muscle. He's also stubborn on walks and can drag me off my feet in a snap or refuse to budge. In the end I still win and we finally get back home. BTW you are a good story teller!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yep ...sounds like you have officially joined the world of bulldogs!! Everything you describe is typical bully!!! They have the most unique personalities!!

I agree with the above posts, you need to get her a harness. Mine wear collars as accessories :ashamed: .... and you're right in that they can't be too tight because of how their necks are. So definitely get a harness - it will make your life so much easier!!

As for her weight .. I think she looks really good. Maybe she could take a little off her waistline, but I think that will just come down a little from being so much more active now.

We can't wait to see more pics and hear more stories .... !!! :up:

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
You guys rock! You won't believe how much more relieved I am. And how much more relaxed now that I understand Bullie better. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Bullie actually has a harness that my husband put away somewhere - it's Georgia-red. LOL. I'm going to go get a Gator-orange-and-blue one tonight. :)

I guess I've become such a bulldog lover that I couldn't resist playing chase with her again this morning. Gizmo acts more like a cat than a dog - he doesn't play with toys, he uses them as kennel decorations, he doesn't eat treats, he wants rubbings, but he does love playing chase. So, Bullie, Gizmo, and I played chase again this morning so I got another bruise on my calf. :) She's so hilarious. Gizmo chases after me, Bullie chases after Gizmo and overtakes him in about 2 seconds, so Gizmo stops to let her through and she tries to stop but ends up skidding all the way to my leg. But, at least I didn't fall down this time! I've gotten "Bullie-proof!".

Bullie loves tug of war, Gizmo doesn't play that game. So, I get Bullie's rope and we play tug and Gizmo is barking the whole time cheering us on (actually it's more like, Stop what you're doing, you idiots!). My arms are going to be sore, I'm sure of it. It's like working out on the rowing machine at the gym. She is super strong!

Bullie's poop went runny this morning. I'm getting a bit worried. He's been on Kibbles and Bits, Gizmo is on Blue Wilderness, so we're trying to switch him over to Blue. I only did 1/4 cup Blue, 2 3/4 Kibbles, but I guess her system couldn't handle that switch. Not sure if I should keep on the 1/4 cup or scale back.

My son took this picture yesterday. The whole house has gotten Bullie-smitten, we've been napping on her pillow - even Gizmo! Yes, yes, I'm on the no-pets-on-human-furniture rule. But there's no no-humans-on-pet-furniture rule. Notice the Georgia-red blanket. LOL! My husband couldn't get rid of it... it's her security blanket.
1311792275.jpg

Last edited:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Awww...that's cute. Family snuggle time. Sending smoochies and belly rubs to Gizmo for being a good brother. I like that he uses toys for kennel decorations.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
@anatess - Aww, you and your fam are smitten with her already. :luv: Aren't bullies the best!? Gizmo's such a great sport too.

Most Reactions