Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi bulldog community, need some advice

Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel Tank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hi bulldog community, need some advice

Wow! I just read this post and there are a lot of great opinions! So what's one more!? I feel that as long as she isn't misrepresenting the puppy (overpricing for the blue eyes, etc.), has references you can talk to of her other puppies, and the breeder is open to you taking her for a quick vet visit to check......get her! Heck blind in one eye deaf in one ear...she is still may be your perfect bully baby...just do whatever you need to do to make it the right decision for YOUR FAMILY and you are willing to accept the possible issues (I hate to say this...but I will...make sure you are okay with it for her life and you aren't impulse buying...this tends to be how these guys end up in rescue...and we don't want anymore of that)! These bullies have all sorts of issues...some of us have been freakishly lucky with bully health issues...others of us not! However, the one true things is we love these guys and all went with our guts with our bully babies and don't regret it!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Katie
    Likes (Received)

I don't have advice on the subject, but I did want to wish you good luck and say welcome!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have seen a lot of puppies not just bullies, when first born, have blue eyes but change as they get older. What's wrong with that? Like I say before lex had blue eyes for a short time when he was a puppy but changed to brown. I have a friend that just got a neo mastiff 8 weeks and her eyes are blue, breeder said they'll change as they get older as well.
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lexterwayne View Post
    I have seen a lot of puppies not just bullies, when first born, have blue eyes but change as they get older. What's wrong with that? Like I say before lex had blue eyes for a short time when he was a puppy but changed to brown. I have a friend that just got a neo mastiff 8 weeks and her eyes are blue, breeder said they'll change as they get older as well.
    When I first saw pictures of Wilson the first thing I noticed was the blue hue to his eyes. I asked my breeder about this and she assured me they were not blue, not blue in the sense of a true blue eye. Wilson's eyes we'd in fact a blue/grey and by 12 weeks they changed to brown. And when we rescued Jack (our AmStaff) at 4 months he too had a blue/grey hue to his eyes and he is mostly white. I really can't add anything here but my personal experience cause I'm not that knowledgabe on blue eyes, but seeing those cute cute puppies they're eyes look like my wilsons did.Welcome to EBN too!!!
    Last edited by JeannieCO; 07-26-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads