New Member to Forum and Member to Our Family

Royandcourtney

Jul 16, 2011
Central Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Rex
REX Inside 02 edited.jpg

We just wanted to introduce ourselves. We recently added an English Bulldog, Rex, to our family. He will be three years old in a couple of months. We got very lucky and found him on craigslist. We got him from a family in our area who had inherited three dogs when a family member passed away. He was a little neglected when we got him. He had some hot spots and had only had one bath in his lifetime. We took him to our vet and he checked out perfectly healthy other than the hot spots. We have him on antibiotics and a topical spray to help with his hot spots. They are getting better as each day goes by. He was on Pedigree when we got him, changing that and a good bath was the first thing we did. We feed our other dogs grain free and see the benefits daily.

We feel that he is going to be one of the best dogs that we have ever had. He has the perfect disposition. He does sleep a lot and keep the carpet from coming up! Our Rottweiler and Chi sleep about half as much as him. He has adapted very well to our family in the short time we have had him.

We love this Forum. We are members of a couple other forums (Rott and Chi) and find this one to be the most helpful of all.

We would like to thank everyone for their posts that have been very beneficial in helping us research before and after getting Rex.

Roy and Courtney

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:welcome: Rex is a very handsome guy! I'm glad he got a good home. We recently lost our rottie to bone cancer..in my opinion..the next best breed to a bully!! I love them and miss Ana every day.

OP
Royandcourtney

Royandcourtney

Jul 16, 2011
Central Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Rex
I agree with you on that one for sure. She is great..... Very sorry for your loss. I do get frustrated at times due to stereotyping that they get. She is my 4 year old daughters best friend.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Welcome to EBN. Glad you joined and I look forward to seeing more pix of Rex and hearing more about your entire family.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welcome to the site, your going to love it here!! How lucky Rex found you!! It is normal that he is sleeping that much. I am so happy that he blended into your family so well. I will be looking forward to more pictures of Rex.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Rex is very handsome! Both of you are lucky to have found each other. Welcome to EBN. Everyone here is fantastic and there is so much information to sift through! Keep us posted on Rex's progress.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site, it is a great site with lots of info and fun. Rex is a handsome boy and lucky to have found each other. It's nice to hear when a bully has found a good family, as they are very loving dogs and deserve all the love they can get back. Looking forward for more pics of him and stories of him and your family.

Krisandtob

Jan 26, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Phatty
Welcome! It is wonderful that your family and Rex found each other. He is a beautiful sweet boy! I'm happy for all of you!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Welcome and what a great new beginning for him to be with such a loving family! I call it fate whenever something wonderful happens like how you two found each other. Looking forward to hearing more stories!

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Congratulations on making a bully’s life (and yours!) better. He’s beautiful!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: sounds like the perfect match. Look forward to seeing more stories and pics of the whole family!

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Welcome! Glad you could give Rex a new home with lots of love! He's handsome :heart:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
He is just perfect! How great of you to be able to find hum and give him the home he needs. Ask whatever questions you may have, although aside from bully questions it sounds like you have plenty of dog experience. You will learn tho bullies are not the same. haha

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online