I found a Bulldog !!!

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
If her owners don't find her, I am glad that such a loving family picked her up!

Have you tried a Craigslist ad? You might also call to vet offices or send a picture. When my sister's dog was missing (she got hit by a car :*( ) and they were looking for her, they called all of the local vet offices and took in pictures in case someone brought her in. That was ultimately how they ended up finding out that she had been hit.

I don't think it's wrong at all to ask for photo id! Actually, I think that's a good idea.

In the meantime, enjoy!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Asking for picture proof is not too much to ask for, better safe than sorry. Good luck.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Well to me it sounds like it was fate that she found you :) I hope you post some pictures of her so we can put a face to her!

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
BeBe 1.jpgThis was after I got her in the car ( my 1st picture of her )

BeBe 2.jpgThis was her 1st meal in God knows how long
BeBe 3.jpg and Just chillin watchin TV with the family

BeBe 4.jpg She loves to play with our female boxer !!!

BeBe 5.jpg She loves her KONG !!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh how adorable is she?!?! Have you decided to keep her if you do not find the owner? As skinny as she is I sure hope she has been out for a while and not malnourished on purpose. Since this girl just landed in your lap you may wanna know a few things about bullies. (Not that you probably havent found a lot of info on here already) They are very heat sensitive so no walks or playing outside on hot and humid days. Being short nosed they over heat and die very fast so that is very important to know. They cannot swim for the most part so if you have a pool make sure she isnt near it unsupervised. Many bullies drown and that is just so sad to think of. My mind is drawing a blank for other important info but I am sure others will have great tips for them as well.
She is surely lucky you found her and can save her, poor baby. Thank you for being a good pet lover!

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
She just had her 1st bath !!! OMG she loved it :whew:

Yes if someone doesn't come forward we have decided to keep her :heart:

Fleas are really bad this year does anyone have any suggestions ?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Go to your vet and get the good stuff for fleas, yes it is expensive but so worth it!! They carry differnt ones so just let the vet tell you. All the other crap they sell like at walmart kills some but not all. After a bath, getting rid of the fleas and putting some pounds on she is sooooo lucky she found YOU!!!!

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh I have been using Frontline plus on my Boxers but nothing is working. I think she said Advantex was working this year. I have been looking at switching all the dogs food over to Fromm as well. But Im looking for a local person to buy it from instead of shipping it..

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Hmmm. I always used Frontline and it worked great with my other dogs, I did not want to promote it. Thankfully in the development I live in and our HOA's our yard is taken care of as well as sprayed for fleas. I have had Vegas for over a year and a half and he has never had a flee (knock on wood)

Mod85

Jun 23, 2011
Manitowoc, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson "Sammy"
You sound like your super excited to have her. If her family doesn't come forward, I'm glad she found a great home!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
From the pictures she looks like a complete doll. I'm sure she will thrive under your care. Take great care not to let her get overheated. Especially if she's in a weakened state it takes longer for bulldogs to regulate their systems. If you don't find her owners are you thinking of a name? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
She is absolutely gorgeous!! I am hoping she can stay with you! When I was a kid my family had boxers and one exceptionally fit bulldog, and they all used to come with us when we went horse riding. But that was exceptional and you should assume your new girl will not be able to keep up with the boxers, and as other posters have said are really heat sensitive (our boy slows down markedly at anything over about 70 degrees), and most cannot swim. Also you need to be quite careful about the care of any malnourished dog.

For fleas we use Advantage, and it works like a charm.

Best of luck with your beautiful girl!

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have called vets, animal controls and posted on creigslist and nothing yet. We have decided to keep her if her parents do not claim her and as of right now we call her BB short for Bush Babe ( but I like to spell it BeBe ) right now she is crashed after a long day.

What should her weight be? When I took her to the vets she was 35 lbs?

I have her on Pedigree for small dogs but have been researching foods all day. I think I want to try Fromm for all the dogs since I have come to the conclusion that my Boxers must have allergies as well :/

I have also been putting a little wet chicken and rice in her food, and tonight they ALL had some frozen veggie and :heart: 'd it !!!!!

I have printed the list of 35 things you need for Bullies.... Hmmm never thought of some of that stuff . THANKS

Oh and guess what my kids gave me today a Dremal for the dogs, they said oh yeah mom when so and so moved they gave it to us we just forgot to give it to you....

I'm just trying to make sure I am well informed and prepared for anything....

Oh and my BF and I were talking this afternoon and I mentioned to him that at a later date I wouldn't mind fostering another Bullie and he was like HELL YEAH !!!!!!

~ Heather

ps : is there an app for this site I am getting very addictied to it :)

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I have printed the list of 35 things you need for Bullies.... Hmmm never thought of some of that stuff . THANKS

Thanks for mentioning this!! I hadn't seen it and there are definitely some things on here that I need to get!

Most Reactions