New Bulldog Parents!

MichelleandZach

Jul 1, 2011
Tampa, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dulcinea's Roman Holiday (Roman for short!)
Hello! We are new parents to our baby bulldog, Roman. He's only 4 weeks old so he's not home with us yet... we take him home on August 4th! It's going to be so hard to wait... we're obsessed already! We're a little worried because when we visited him yesterday he didn't look as roly-poly and wrinkly as his brothers and sisters (even though in his first 3 weeks he was the biggest in the litter!). Is this something we should be worried about or does he look normal? These pics were taken yesterday at 29 days old.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: he's adorable. I think he looks fine in the pics. I hope the weeks of waiting pass quickly for you.

AZoei Naveah

May 4, 2011
Thats the thing about a Bully and there growth they will sometimes make you wander cause they never seem to look like other bullies till there around 12-18 months old. They grow oddly sometimes some get tall first then put there bulkiness on some become bulky the grow taller then some get more wrinkles first then grow in to them its just strange to watch them grow.......

sitartzm

May 25, 2011
Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Brewer
Welcome to the site. Everyone here is super helpful so ask all the questions in the world. I have been on this site for about 2 months but I am a new owner becuase we just brought Brewer home yesterday. I think your puppy looks wonderful. Can not wait to see more pics.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He looks great and a cutie too. They go though many changes as they grow, so he should be a health happy boy. Congratulations on the pup, your life will never be the same, bullies are just great dogs. I can't think of my life without one or two or three or, oh you know what I mean. Oh and if you haven't heard yet We like pictures and videos.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Welcome! I've had questions about my bully too she has super long legs everyone here is so helpful your baby is so cute ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
What a cute little guy! I really like the name Roman. I think he looks wonderful :)

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Hi there, and welcome!! Roman sure is adorable. I love his coloring. He looks fine size wise to me!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My breeder warned me about all the stages of bulldog growth. They will go through the gawky "teenager" stage and not fully filled out till 18 months. Although I find that my Wilson keeps on very slowly growing and filling out and he will be 3 years in August. :scared:
2008-10-20014736.jpg
c4153882.png

Last edited:

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hi. He is a cute pup. I'm going to agree with everyone here. They grow very awkwardly and go through a few weird looking stages. Bruno went from the what we like to call "awww" stage to the "what the?" stage to the "oh ok.. Now I see" stage. LoL
Here is a comparison pic.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309778050.397483.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309778050.397483.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 144

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
OH he is so cute. Welcome to the site, we are all here to help you if you ever need it. This is a perfect place for you to get started. Soon you will be addicted and we here are addicted to photos, so keep them coming.

I see you live in Florida, we have lots of members here in Florida, someday we will have to have a EBN meetup!! Again Welcome, hope August gets here real soon for you.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
What a beautiful pup Roman is. Love his colors. My Wilson is getting more wrinklie as he gets bigger - he's 6 months now. He's quite a chunk too weighing in at 43lbs this weekend. When we got him at 8 weeks he had facial winkles and leg wrinkles. He's outgrown the leg wrinkles and his facial ones have increased as has his neck wrinkles. Looking forward to seeing Roman grow up :).

OP
MichelleandZach

MichelleandZach

Jul 1, 2011
Tampa, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dulcinea's Roman Holiday (Roman for short!)
Thanks everyone! We are so excited- just spent a fortune on toys, food, bed, leash, collar... whew! Trying to get a head start before bringing him home! We're going to start him on Orijen puppy 80/20, as I've read great things about this food. Fontanafox- wow, Roman looks a lot like Wilson did when he was little. He's precious!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online