I am a new English Bulldog Mommy

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
I have just adopted an 2 yr old English Bulldog, Her name is Lily!
He previous owner brought her over to us yesterday for a trial period to see if it would work out. One look at her face and I am in love already!
Our only problem is that she did a poopy during the night. I do not have her crate yet. Is it ok to put her in her crate during the night? I read that the dogs will not poop where they sleep. How long is too long in the crate? If we go out during the day should I put her in her crate as well?
Like I said before I am a new pet parent and I hope I get some replies from experienced pet parents.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I would definitely crate train her. At two years old being in a crate all night wouldn't be too long. Also, I would put her in the crate during the day when no one is home to watch her, not just for the pooping, but for any other kind of mischief she couldn find to get into while unsupersivesed, just until you know how she is alone. BTW, welcome to the wonderful world of being a bully parent. Aren't they awesome?

OP
Polly

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
Hi everyone. I have just adopted a 2yr old female named Lily! She is adorable. I am a new pet parent so I will be asking a lot of questions!

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
:welcome: Looking forward to learning more about you both. Ask away, questions are always welcome, and someone on here always has an answer :D I will be waiting on a pic of your baby and just remember......:pics:

OP
Polly

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
trying to add a picture of sweet Lily

DSC_3413.jpg
[/IMG]

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
We got my Chunk at 2 years old too and the crate was his best friend! He was already crate trained but even now, it's where he goes to rest. It's like his own little "room". He calms down when he's in there and I'm calm cause he can't get into anything that he will hurt himself on! (Not that he really gets into anything but still. You never know! He's had his moments where he chews things out of spite.)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new bully you will love her, they are a special breed. I totally agree with @Kim Sebastian n Oliver about crate training. We crate train all of ours and that is their little home. Even when we are home and they are out if they want some quiet time they will go to their crate on their own to sleep. Good luck and please send pics.

Last edited:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Awww! Look at that sweet face!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Like everyone else has stated, Vegas was crate trained, now I don't even lock the door and he is 2, he uses his crate as his private get-a-way. He goes in on his own to nap. He has never pooped in his crate but has pee'd on purpose to get my attention.

OP
Polly

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
Thanks for all the replies, I'm sure I'll be asking many more questions. Again, thanks for the help. :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Polly and Lily. Looking forward to lots more pica and stories about your girl!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I agree with everyone else on crate training. Crates can be expensive. So you might want to check Craigs list.
Or if Lily isn't a chewer you could get a pop up crate from WalMart. They are under $20.00.
It's what we used for HRH when first got her, and now when we travel and she loves it.

I'm on my iPad currently (so don't know how to post pics from it) but will try to find a pic to post what I'm talking about in a little while from my computer.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.