I am a new English Bulldog Mommy

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
GracieandDad002.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Gorgeous, she looks so sweet, and welcome to the site.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Hello and welcome. These are the most wonderful people you will meet and VERY helpful you bully is beautiful

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee

HRH is so darn cute ... Everytime I think I can't love her any more than I do ... you or Bruce post another pic that makes me fall in love all over again!!! :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi there and welcome! Which part of Canada are you from? My bf and our bully, Stiggy, currently reside in Toronto. We have a few Canadians here and we also say the more the merrier! lol. Glad you've found us.

Oh, and happy belated CANADA DAY! :flag10:

OP
Polly

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
We live up North in Sudbury! We had a Great Canada day!!!

OP
Polly

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
I still don't have a crate for her. I haven't got it from her previous owner yet, so last night we made our own little area for her in our laundry room ( it's just so hot here right now). We used some large bins and made a cozy area ( big enough for her to move around but still cozy) for her with her blanket and her pillow and her bone. She was quite happy and there were no poopy surprises this morning. Now I might be going out this afternoon, should I put her back in this little area while we are out? Should I put some water there too or will she spill it? It's so much cooler there I think she might be more comfortable.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Congrats on the adoption. Oh course we here on EBN are going to need massive quantities of pix!!! ;)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Lily is so cute! What a beauty!!! Welcome to the forum! Her name suits her perfectly!

I merged the two topics together, it was confusing seeing the same topic/title and converstations in two areas....

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
WELCOME! Lily is beautiful. She has a gorgeous smooshy face. We are glad to see you here. Please feel free to comment on topics or ask as many questions as you need. Everyone here is wonderful and very helpful! We can't wait to see more pictures of Lily and hear stories about her.

OP
Polly

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
Yes, I know I confused myself as well, Can you tell that I'm new.
Well, I brought Lily down to the laundry room in her makeshift little crate and we went out for about 2 hours. Lily is stronger then I gave her credit for, she pushed the big plastic containers out of the way and did a poopy in the recroom and a pee near her blanket. I took her outside for awhile right before we left. I'm wondering if this is just some anxiety going on. She has only been with us since the 1st of July.
Do any of you think we can get Lily to stop doing this and how can we stop it.
Her previous owner said that she would sometimes pee on the floor when everyone was home for attention but she said she has never had a poopy accident. I am calling tomorrow to get her crate. Also, I have noticed that Lily will do 3 poopys a day, is that the normal amount. Her poopys are also quite soft and mushy. Her previous owner has also said that her poopys have always been soft and mushy. Is this normal too, we have not changed her food, we bought the same one that her previous owner gave her.I apreciate any and all help!
Tomorrow I am calling Lily's vet to ask some questions.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Well, first, get the crate. If you crate her she *shouldn't* pee or poop in the crate while you are out. Did you take her potty before you left? 3 poops a day is fine. Some poop much more and some less. Mushy poop isn't a good thing though and she just may not be on the right food or the amount given may be too much. If you have time, I recommend searching this site for posts on food.

There is also a pet food rating system to be found here: English Bulldog News Forums ~ - Dog Food Ratings at English Bulldog News
A dog food/nutrition article can be found here: English Bulldog News Forums ~ - Dog Food And Nutrition

You can also check out the petfoodanalyzer for more info on foods :). Good luck!

OP
Polly

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
Thanks,
Actually my husband got home first and he was the one who cleaned it,and just told me that it was firmer and not mushy. So, I'm happy about that. I had taken her outside for about an hour before we had left but she just wouldn't go. I am currently feeding her 1 and 1/2 cups in the morning and at super time, that is what her previous owner was giving her. Is that too much or just right? Lily weighs about 59 pounds and from what i read I think thats too much, she is not very active. I don't think she went out much with her previous owner. My daughters 13 and 10 yearsold are having fun walking Lily ( or actually being walked by Lily) we need to work on that too. Thanks for the links. I'm new at being a bulldog Mommy and I am thankful for the help and advice.

Most Reactions