Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I am a new English Bulldog Mommy

Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

violet us only gunna be 14wks she will sniff like crazy all over if she has to poop so I tell her outside potty time. Peeing is tricky she only sniffs a lil but so sometimes she gos in the house. Still work in progress

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I am a new English Bulldog Mommy

Awww, what a sweet face..Lilly is beautiful! Welcome to both of you.

I definitely recommend crate training. Most dogs won't go potty in their sleeping place. Dogs usually like having their own crates..it's "their" turf and they like to retreat there for quiet time. It's really simple to crate train and it's a valuable tool!

Real Name
    Paula
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily <3
    Likes (Received)

Hi there! It's me again and I have more questions. Lily is doing good today. She did well last night in her makeshift crate, no accidents. Hopefully I can get her crate by wednesday untill then we will use our little makeshift crate. Now walking her has been quite difficult, she's a puller on the leash and wants to smell everything. I was trying to give her a treat whenever she was walking good but I haven't really found any that she likes. I read that bulldogs can't have garlic and the one treat she does like (soft and chewy Milk-bone) does have garlic powder listed in the ingredients. Is that ok? Any other treat ideas? Any helpful hints on how to get her to go for walks better? She doesn't have much energy and won't walk for long. Today , after a few minutes she just wanted to lay down on the sidewalk. Also if she sees another dog, theres no stopping her.
    Paula
    POLLY<3

Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Goodmorning... we give violet frozen green beans nd she loves them also frozen blueberrys, raspberries also the already prepaid. Baby carrots. Um I makes smooshed banana balls and froze them hope this helps
    Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Hi there! It's me again and I have more questions. Lily is doing good today. She did well last night in her makeshift crate, no accidents. Hopefully I can get her crate by wednesday untill then we will use our little makeshift crate. Now walking her has been quite difficult, she's a puller on the leash and wants to smell everything. I was trying to give her a treat whenever she was walking good but I haven't really found any that she likes. I read that bulldogs can't have garlic and the one treat she does like (soft and chewy Milk-bone) does have garlic powder listed in the ingredients. Is that ok? Any other treat ideas? Any helpful hints on how to get her to go for walks better? She doesn't have much energy and won't walk for long. Today , after a few minutes she just wanted to lay down on the sidewalk. Also if she sees another dog, theres no stopping her.
    Paula
    @Polly.... I hope Lily is in a Harness, not a collar. Collars can actually damage the neck and/or throat of a bully. Practice makes perfect with getting them to walk better. Keep the walks short till she walks better. Princess Gracie has about a 2 block tolerance to her walks before she starts puffing, then we know it is time to head home.

Real Name
    Paula
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily <3
    Likes (Received)

thanks... she doesn't have a harness but I think it will be a great idea to get on. Lately she just won't go for a walk. I posted somewhere else about this. I think in General bully talk...
    POLLY<3

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads