Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am a new English Bulldog Mommy

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I am a new English Bulldog Mommy

Congrats on the adoption. Oh course we here on EBN are going to need massive quantities of pix!!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Lily is so cute! What a beauty!!! Welcome to the forum! Her name suits her perfectly!

I merged the two topics together, it was confusing seeing the same topic/title and converstations in two areas....

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

WELCOME! Lily is beautiful. She has a gorgeous smooshy face. We are glad to see you here. Please feel free to comment on topics or ask as many questions as you need. Everyone here is wonderful and very helpful! We can't wait to see more pictures of Lily and hear stories about her.

Real Name
    Paula
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily <3
    Likes (Received)

Yes, I know I confused myself as well, Can you tell that I'm new.
    Well, I brought Lily down to the laundry room in her makeshift little crate and we went out for about 2 hours. Lily is stronger then I gave her credit for, she pushed the big plastic containers out of the way and did a poopy in the recroom and a pee near her blanket. I took her outside for awhile right before we left. I'm wondering if this is just some anxiety going on. She has only been with us since the 1st of July.
    Do any of you think we can get Lily to stop doing this and how can we stop it.
    Her previous owner said that she would sometimes pee on the floor when everyone was home for attention but she said she has never had a poopy accident. I am calling tomorrow to get her crate. Also, I have noticed that Lily will do 3 poopys a day, is that the normal amount. Her poopys are also quite soft and mushy. Her previous owner has also said that her poopys have always been soft and mushy. Is this normal too, we have not changed her food, we bought the same one that her previous owner gave her.I apreciate any and all help!
    Tomorrow I am calling Lily's vet to ask some questions.
    POLLY<3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Well, first, get the crate. If you crate her she *shouldn't* pee or poop in the crate while you are out. Did you take her potty before you left? 3 poops a day is fine. Some poop much more and some less. Mushy poop isn't a good thing though and she just may not be on the right food or the amount given may be too much. If you have time, I recommend searching this site for posts on food.

There is also a pet food rating system to be found here: English Bulldog News Forums ~ - Dog Food Ratings at English Bulldog News
    A dog food/nutrition article can be found here: English Bulldog News Forums ~ - Dog Food And Nutrition

You can also check out the petfoodanalyzer for more info on foods . Good luck!

Real Name
    Paula
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily <3
    Likes (Received)

Thanks,
    Actually my husband got home first and he was the one who cleaned it,and just told me that it was firmer and not mushy. So, I'm happy about that. I had taken her outside for about an hour before we had left but she just wouldn't go. I am currently feeding her 1 and 1/2 cups in the morning and at super time, that is what her previous owner was giving her. Is that too much or just right? Lily weighs about 59 pounds and from what i read I think thats too much, she is not very active. I don't think she went out much with her previous owner. My daughters 13 and 10 yearsold are having fun walking Lily ( or actually being walked by Lily) we need to work on that too. Thanks for the links. I'm new at being a bulldog Mommy and I am thankful for the help and advice.
    POLLY<3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You could cut her back *if* you feel she is too chunky. But since she is getting more exercise with your girls, she might need that much. It really depends on their activity level.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

I agree with @GatorRay ... depends on the food too! When Chunk was on Royal Canin Bulldogge (not a good food) ... he got 2 cups twice a day but he gets less now that he's on Fromm. So that's a factor too!
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN I have violet in a crate at night. I put her in between 8:30 and 9. My husband gets home at about 4am lets her out to go potty then back to her bed. Until u get up at 9. She only pooped twice in there. Her first night in it and she was 8wks. Then another cuz I slept in oops. She has peeped alot at night thank God for lord of blankets. Last night was the first time she had a dry brd yay she's now 14wks on Tuesday goodlyco with ur new baby

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Hello and Welcome .....

I would find out from her previous owners when and for how long they used to crate her to get some idea of what she is used to. I would say that some of the accidents right now are because she is probably stressed and still trying to work out what is happening. Her life has been turned upside down .. and although I'm sure it is for the better, she won't know that yet!!

Also, her crate will smell of her and that might calm her down a little to have her own little bully-cave!

What food are you feeding her right now .... I'm sure you've already read the links you've been sent and the more you read through this site the more you will realise that food is EVERYTHING to a bully and it's future health!!!!

Real Name
    Allison Simpson
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cassius aka "Cash"
    Likes (Received)

Lily is precious! Very pretty girl! I have found EBN to be very helpful, and I am also new. My baby is still with his mommy, and will be coming home to me in August. I'm super exciting and can't keep thinking about how much different our life is going to be. This is the first time owning a dog of this breed, and also new at all of this. I am currently getting his room together so everything will be in place when it is time for him to come home. I live in a small townhouse, and I plan on crate training and the breeder says that he will be litter trained at 8 weeks when I get him. I had never heard of this before a dog using litter, but I guess I will find out. I will make sure I have plenty of pee pads just in case. I know their are lots of things that I don't know, and I plan on using this forum to ask as many questions as I can.

Welcom to EBN,

Allison

Real Name
    Paula
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily <3
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much for all the replies. I've asked the previous owner all these questions too but for some reason you guys seem to be more helpful. Right now Lily is eating Eukanuba Maintenace small bite. That is what she was eating at her previous home, so I didn't want to change her food on . I don't think Lily slept in a crate in her previous home, the owner who owned her in the beginning has the crate, so I will be getting into contact with her tomorrow. I have a long list of questions to ask her vet. Right now, I don't know when Lily needs to go to the bathroom, she doesn't bark or go to the door. I guess I have to learn her cues. How do you doggies let all of you know when they need to "go"? I think she is getting quite attached to me, she's been following me everywhere and when my daughter tried to take her for a walk she wouldn't move until I started walking too. Thanks Again...
    POLLY<3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads