New Owner In WI need help already :(

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We called for an update this evening and he's improved a bit. I had my bf call and ask them to put a pillow in the oxygen tank so that he could rest his head on it. When we went to visit this afternoon he wasn't able to fall asleep, because laying down made it harder for him to breathe. He was trying to sleep sitting up but it just wasn't working too well. Hopefully he'll get lots of good sleep tonight and the meds will start working.:pray:

Such a good bully mommy...Samson is a very lucky boy..I just know he will pull through! :hug:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am so sorry that Samson and you are going through this. Please keep us posted on his progress. I hope he is able to come home soon.

OP
Mod85

Mod85

Jun 23, 2011
Manitowoc, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson "Sammy"
Well, we picked Samson up from the vet this afternoon. We went there knowing that we might end up leaving him if he didn't look good enough to transport, but he looked SO much better today. The vet felt more comfortable today allowing him to leave, even though they did advise that he should stay. We called the breeder, and we made the two hour drive to her house as her intention is to care for him until she feels he's well enough to come home (she has a nebulizer, an oxygen tank and chamber.) The vets biggest concern was that he didn't have an appetite, within 10 minutes the breeder was able to get him to eat. I feel SOOOOO much better about where he's at now. They are going to be getting up every two hours to give him a nebulizer treatment (her husbands amazing and is sharing in the task.) He was taken out of the oxygen chamber earlier this morning, so they'll be only be giving him a small amount of oxygen during the nebulizer treatments. We're going to go and see him tomorrow afternoon, hopefully I have even better news to report.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
This is very good news. You're such a good mommy. I was thinking of your baby all day and wishing for his illness to leave him. I'll keep up the good vibes till he is back home. Baby steps as they say.:heart:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think you made a good choice bringing Sam to your breeder. Sounds like they have much exp with this, as many good breeders do. A lot of very young pups start to "fade" and a good breeder can turn them around using these things. Paws crossed and more prayers for you to bring your puppy home in good health!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Welcome to EBN. I hope Sammy is better soon so you and your family can once again enjoy him. Poor baby. We will keep him in our thoughts.
LariP and I live in Milwaukee,,,,, just down the road a piece.. lol :welcome:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Late getting to this thread but it sounds very good thankfully! Sounds like you found a great breeder and your baby will recover soon. Cant wait for him to get home and you can really enjoy him again.

OP
Mod85

Mod85

Jun 23, 2011
Manitowoc, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson "Sammy"
Sammys doing even better this morning. We called to check in on him and Laurie (the breeder) said that he coughed up a fist full of white stuff last night (the stuff the vet wasn't able to get up.) She wants to keep him through this coming week, so that he can get a lot of sleep and quiet time. My dad has a nebulizer so when he does come home, we're going to continue to treat him for several weeks just to make sure it's all cleared up. :photo: We're going to visit him tonight, so excited to see him!

THEMATT311

May 7, 2011
first off welcome i did the same thing joined and asked health questions first nobody seems to mind and everyone cou he pulls ldnt be more helpful. he is a beautiful dog hopefully thru ill keep him n my thoughts and prayers. i dont know much about the nasal vaccine ive only herd of shots. hope he pulls thru im no mod but ask lots of questions and post lots of pics hope he get better.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm happy and relieved to hear he's getting better. Poor little guy's going thru so much. Lots of hugs and kisses for Samson!

OP
Mod85

Mod85

Jun 23, 2011
Manitowoc, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson "Sammy"
Samson is doing GREAT today! We get to pick him up at some point this week. Our breeder is just being cautious and doesn't want to send him home too soon. shhhhhh *I think she just wants to keep him forever* LOL he's too cute and I wouldn't blame her.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.