asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
Hi Everyone!
I just signed up and I have been researching for the past two weeks on names for the newest addition to our family. I have a brand new English Bulldog puppy that will be my first and I have not came across any names that seem to fit or that my boyfriend and I both like. So if anyone has any suggestions on a male name for my baby boy. Please share. We perfer a name that is manly, simple, and not exactly as common as most Bulldog names I have found.
My puppy's daddy is a champion and I would like for him to have a name that would be considered classy, yet classic but humble. I would like to give the breeder a name so he can go ahead and get all of the paperwork started.
I had know idea it would be this hard to come up with the perfect name. I guess I am picky, but this will be his name forever, so I want to be sure I pick the right one for him. I believe I will know exactly when the right name comes across, and I will keep searching, but if anyone has any suggestions, we would greatly appreciate it. :pray:

Thanks in Advance,

Allison Simpson

Here are some pictures of my baby boy:
DSC00586.jpgDSC00574.jpglight brown and white marked.jpg

DSC00590.jpgDSC00579.jpg

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ooooooooooohhhhhhhh [MENTION=2593]asimpson[/MENTION] you are about to become everybody's favorite member because this is something we LOVE to do. Get ready to be bombarded with suggestions. Then maybe you can pick your favorite top 5 and put it to the vote, because you can create a poll on here if you start a new thread :up:

So you want something classy and also something that relates back to the championship line of his Dad. But, lets be honest, you want a name you can scream across the backyard to get your baby back in the house (which he won't, because he's a bully, so he'll ignore you unless there is the possibility of food involved .. heads up on that one!!)

So I have to ask ... what are his parents names???

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
He's a cutie!

What names have you decided against?

My first thought was Samson.

OP
asimpson

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
Mommy's name is Rumor: This is a pic of her

Daddy's name is Casanova: Here is a pic of him

OP
asimpson

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
I have no idea, what name I like, to be truthful

I kinda like Malcolm, and I just came across the name Attuckus.

I am still looking though, I figure that once I hear it I will be like THAT IS IT!
I haven't felt that way yet, so the search is still on.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
OK .. so just my initial thoughts ... Rumor and Casanova ... Rumor could be a secret, and Casanova is the lover ...so a secret lover.....which immediately brings to mind the story of Romeo and Juliet.

Romeo was from the house of Montague in Shakespeare's play so maybe you could call him something like Montague or Monty for short. Or just Romeo.

Then full name Montague Rumor-Casanova OR Romeo Casanova .. which is close to Rumor.

Have to say that I am liking the name of Monty for him!! So that is my vote!
:up:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ooooh I like Romeo for him too!!!

I like names like food- tater tot, butterbean-- so I am the wrong person to ask! What an adorable baby bully!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Hi Everyone!
I just signed up and I have been researching for the past two weeks on names for the newest addition to our family. I have a brand new English Bulldog puppy that will be my first and I have not came across any names that seem to fit or that my boyfriend and I both like. So if anyone has any suggestions on a male name for my baby boy. Please share. We perfer a name that is manly, simple, and not exactly as common as most Bulldog names I have found.
My puppy's daddy is a champion and I would like for him to have a name that would be considered classy, yet classic but humble. I would like to give the breeder a name so he can go ahead and get all of the paperwork started.
I had know idea it would be this hard to come up with the perfect name. I guess I am picky, but this will be his name forever, so I want to be sure I pick the right one for him. I believe I will know exactly when the right name comes across, and I will keep searching, but if anyone has any suggestions, we would greatly appreciate it. :pray:

Thanks in Advance,

Allison Simpson

Here are some pictures of my baby boy:
View attachment 8755View attachment 8757View attachment 8758

View attachment 8754View attachment 8756

Hmmm the word "Humble" ... reminds me of Charlotte's web... how about Wilbur? :) but I guess that would be missing the "classy" thing?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
All of those are good names. [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], you put so much thought into it and came up with great names.
My son wished so hard we would get a male and didn't. He had the name Ralphie picked out from his favorite Kids movie: A Christmas Story.

Are you wanting classic as in Dog Classic like Fido, Spot etc... or Human Classic and in George, Walter...?
I know you will get the perfect one. He is adorable.

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Hmmm, well, I picked more a goofy name theme for my dog when I was choosing, but found this list. This is the revised list of names that was narrowed down too in my welcome thread (whew had to search for that one... lol).

Biggie
Auto

Cheeto
Blue
Hooch
Samson (Sammy)
Ninja *
Zilla *
Jaba
Chewbacca
Smudge
Pudge
Yogi *
Buddha *
Hoagie
Magoo
Stogie *

I'm sure none of those names really fit the bill, but the list we started with was four times as big, so I understand the importance you're applying to your boy's name. What about;
Strong
Conce (Constant)
Brick
Stack (for stacked or stack of pancakes... lol)
Lord Shamus McWilly (just in case you want to get regal.... lol)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.