Hello from the NW

OP
valleygirl214

valleygirl214

Jun 9, 2011
Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Valentine and Dolly
I wrote a big ol' reply and it got lost because I timed out:p Rats!

So to recap...our first bully was on Olde English Bulldogge (OEB), we adopted her through rescue in 2008. My daughter was 14 months at the time and she just passed away in March. BEST dog ever. She was amazing beyond words. We were so heartbroken and our house felt so empty so knowing we could never replace her we decided to get an OEB puppy sooner rather than later. That's our Valley girl (Valentine). She is a roly-poly meatball that is just too cute and funny for words!! I am so impressed with what an amazing girl she is! She's only 4 months and is already such an amazing dog. She walks well on her leash, listens to most commands and is just a wonderful dog. We got her from a breeder in CO and I can't speak highly enough about the quality of this dog!

Our OEB was almost 9 when she passed...she had surgery to remove tumors and started having seizures or a stroke a few weeks later...quality of life was changed so drastically that we could not go one more day seeing her like that:( So...here we are...we just got a 4 year old female EB because of my daughter missing the older dog so much...mainly sleeping in her room and just being chill.

She was said to be in great health and that is not the case as we just spent $130 in vet/medicine right out of the gate. She has advanced dry eye, entropian issues, and skin issues. So...here we go...we've never had an EB but I totally see how the OEB breeders claim that OEB's are better in health...not that it's a better breed but the health issues are much less.

I also have a 16 year old son and a 4 year old daughter...that's us! And my hubby:)

Yes...we are having a cool year...good for the dogs but man...I am ready for summer!!!

*I added pics to my album...not many of Dolly because we just got her 3 days ago:)

Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

BullyBlair

Jun 22, 2011
Puyallup (Tacoma) Washington, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
Hello from another Northwest Bulldog owner (Puyallup WA)............I just registered this morning (and at work no less, so no pictures....sorry), and can already tell this is going to be a fun and addicting website for me!

I bumped into another forum member (Libra926) at my Vet last week, and she told me about your on-line community. What a great site you have, I'm looking forward to learning a lot about this breed (and to looking at pictures of other bullies all day!)

I adopted a 5 year old Olde English bulldog (didn't know there was a difference!) in March.
Reggie was a 'stud' who was being rented out for some extra cash from his previous owner (who was in the process of moving and couldn't keep him)
I was grateful to rescue him, but before I could get him neutered, Reggie romanced every pillow, blanket, and slipper in my house.
Now that he's fixed, Reggie has calmed down a lot, and his sweet personality is really showing through.

Like I said, no pictures yet, but will have to upload some for my avatar this week.

I've always wanted a bulldog, but could never afford one......for the price of a neuter and a chip, I now have one and am so happy. I'm looking forward to having Reggie the rest of his life, and to spoiling him mercifully.....

Take care,
Blair

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to both of you, great to have you here. So looking forward in seeing the pics of your bullies.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2533]valleygirl214[/MENTION]
Where are you in Washington? Welcome both you and [MENTION=2606]Bully Blair[/MENTION] to the website.

Yep! I met Blair and his adorable daughter at the vet when I took O back in to have her eye rechecked. She's been squinting and swatting it. We've determined that she needs to stay out of the grass. Poor girl has allergies!
I was so excited when he messaged me to let me know he has signed up. I carry those website business cards with me and hand them out to every bulldog owner I meet. He's the first person to sign up (other than my mom). that I know of. Glad to see more Washington bulldog owners on the site!

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Hi!

I am new to this board & a new bulldog owner. I have learned a ton browsing the boards and reading posts.

BullyBlair

Jun 22, 2011
Puyallup (Tacoma) Washington, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
Thank goodness for those cool business cards!

I just ordered my first 'Bulldog Dad' T-shirt, so I can be a walking billboard at the Dog-a-Thon coming up (Dog-A-Thon : Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County)

And if you've ever seen me, you'd know I'm a big billboard. :)

(Question to moderators: is it okay to post links to other sites? Please delete if not...thnx)

Last edited:

Most Reactions