Introduction

poppies1947

Jun 8, 2011
Upstate NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope
Good Morning!

I am the proud owner of a 4 year old English Bulldog named Penelope. We adopted her about 2 years ago. I always have questions about her, and so I am sure I will love this site. At the moment Penelope is loosing hair on the sides of her belly. The doctors are sure it's alergies, but I am sure that it's something else. Someone told me that there bulldog had alopecia, and it sounded just like penelopes issues......I hope to talk to you all soon!!!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Welcome to EBN. I am sure that many of your questions can be answered here. At the very least, alternatives and suggestions can be offered. The people here are wonderful and extremely helpful. I am not knowledgeable about hair loss but have read a few posts stating hair loss on the sides can point to alopecia. You may want to bring that up with your vet and get their input.

Be sure to post lots of pictures of Penelope! We love to admire each other's pups so expect that many will ask! lol We look forward to hearing stories about her and seeing her pretty face.

OP
poppies1947

poppies1947

Jun 8, 2011
Upstate NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope
Penelope

p.jpg

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Welcome poppies1947 and Penelope... Penelope is beautiful, but I'm sure you already knew that :)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Welcome to EBN! Penelope is ador-a-bull! I don't know what would cause the hair loss but I am sure other members can give you a better answer, if you ever have any questions or concerns don't be shy about posting them!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Welcome..she is very cute!! Don't you love how they are so focused when food is around?? Sorry I can't help with your question..someone will be along soon that will know. Glad you found us!

Daphne

Dec 31, 2010
daphne2 131.jpg Penelope is beautiful! I don't know the answer to your question but I am very interested in seeing the answers that pop on here!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Welcome to you and Penelope! The only time I have had hair loss in a Bulldog it was caused by a food change and corrected by going back to the original food. Good luck. What does her vet think?

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Welcome to the site! Sorry don't have any answers to your question :(

Suzy2

Apr 24, 2011
Accrington Northern England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Winston
Hi and Welcome

How is the skin where the hair loss is? Is there any redness or scaly skin?Are the whites of her eyes clear or a little pink? Does she scratch herself?
If you think she has any of the above mentioned, then it's more than likely to be an allergy. Most common allergies are food related, but can be common items in our homes, like carpets, cleaning products, dust mites to name but a few.
I have also heard that sometimes hair loss can be hormonal, in around the season.
Allopcia is possible but it's not very common.

Hope this helps.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Good Morning!

I am the proud owner of a 4 year old English Bulldog named Penelope. We adopted her about 2 years ago. I always have questions about her, and so I am sure I will love this site. At the moment Penelope is loosing hair on the sides of her belly. The doctors are sure it's alergies, but I am sure that it's something else. Someone told me that there bulldog had alopecia, and it sounded just like penelopes issues......I hope to talk to you all soon!!!!

Welcome !! Duke has the same issue it is seaonsal alopecia.. ironically last fall the one side grew back. Now we are using NU- Stock ( you can google it ) and the hair on the other side is beginning to grow back as well. we had Duke's blood tested etc.. he is very healthy so don't worry its more of a cosmetic thing! she is SOOOO cute! and glad you joined .. you will love it here! :luv:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: Yay!! another bully with spotted ears... LOL Our girl has them too. Please post more pix of her..... she is adorabull!! ;)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
awe what a sweet face! Very patient too waiting for that next bite of cake. :lol: We love pics so feel free to share away. As for the hair loss I have seen a few threads on this subject and mostly it has been alopecia I think. You will get more help from the ones who have a better understanding of that issue.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.