Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome Laura and Meilyr! What a unique name for a bully! We have quite a few members from Texas on here :D

Yes, cannot wait to see pix of your bully baby!!! :please:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I got my first Bullie in March, Meilyr. I hope to learn a lot more about taking care of Meilyr and getting help to give my little boy a happy life. Hope I can make some friends with my fellow San Antonio Bullie lovers! Hope to upload some pics of my boy.

Laura

Hi [MENTION=2406]Laura M Aguirre[/MENTION] and Meilyr ... oooohhh how do you pronounce that!!!?? Such a cool name!!

Love having you both here ...... please ask questions and also share your experiences. You will soon discover that this site is just one HUGE learning curve where we all learn from each other. AND really looking forward to seeing some pics!! By the way, you're about to get bombarded with requests for pics so you better get your camera out and start snapping!!! :D

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Hiya Laura...... Welcome to EBN. You are going to be hounded for pix so you'd better get some up quick.. LOL Fire away with whatever questions you have.... there are none that are too trivial and you will find that everyone is willing to help finding the answers for you. Pleeeeez tell us more about your baby bully.......again, :welcome:

OP
Laura M Velazquez

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
Meilyr.jpg

Well here is my boy everyone. I wanted to get some feedback on his dog food. I posted earlier in another post that I've been feeding him Pedigree. I got him from his previous owner at 1 1/2 who was giving him the same. Didn't want to do a sudden change. He's been doing real good with his current food and hasn't had any allergy problems and looks great.....no itching, redness or things that seem to cause issues. Anyone else a little hesitant to try new food or any good dog food for dogs that seem to be doing ok? Just wanted to get some feedback. I'm open minded, just want some insight. Thank you my new bullie friends.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Welcome Laura and Meilyr.

He's a handsome boy.
About the food switching. The easiest way to give advice is to relate experience. So I'll tell you what we experienced with HRH. She was eating Bil Jac when we got her. She seemed fine on it. At almost 4 years old she had a wonderful bully build. And her skin and coat seemed fine. She had some "eye boogers" every morning, but nothing excessive. She smelled like a dog. And being new dog owners after not being around dogs we figured that was normal too.
Well after reading here a bit, we decided to try switching to better food. We decided to go grain free right away and switched her to Fromm surf and turf (slow transition from Bil Jac) She actually started getting a rash on her legs and was licking more. We decided to change her to No Chicken Beef Frittata and that stopped the licking and rash and she does NOT smell like a dog anymore. Oh and she RARELY ever has gas now too. With the Bil Jac she had it more. Her eyes are much less goopy in the morning, although she will still have a little bit of that. We are using an eye drop to increase moisture now to help because the vet noticed some entropian, but it's not bad enough to look into surgery just yet.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the switch to better food has helped in so many ways that we didn't even think we needed help.

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Just now seeing this! Welcome to the site and congrats on your new four-legged kid! I kind of miss San Antonio, I was stationed at Lackland for about 5 years.

OP
Laura M Velazquez

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
It's pronounced Mile-er. I kept the same name his previous owners had given him. I think it means Prince in Welch. He's more like a big princess. LOL! Thanks for the welcome.

OP
Laura M Velazquez

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
Welcome Laura and Meilyr! What a unique name for a bully! We have quite a few members from Texas on here :D

Yes, cannot wait to see pix of your bully baby!!! :please:

Love Jesse's coat! Your bullies are adorable along with the hairless ones, the kiddos! Thanks for welcoming me to the site.

OP
Laura M Velazquez

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
Just now seeing this! Welcome to the site and congrats on your new four-legged kid! I kind of miss San Antonio, I was stationed at Lackland for about 5 years.

Well I'm sure your pooch loves the nice cool Delaware weather vs the hot humid weather down here. Are you still in the service? Thanks for the welcome to the site. Love the Face Smoosher.

OP
Laura M Velazquez

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
Welcome Laura and Meilyr.

He's a handsome boy.
About the food switching. The easiest way to give advice is to relate experience. So I'll tell you what we experienced with HRH. She was eating Bil Jac when we got her. She seemed fine on it. At almost 4 years old she had a wonderful bully build. And her skin and coat seemed fine. She had some "eye boogers" every morning, but nothing excessive. She smelled like a dog. And being new dog owners after not being around dogs we figured that was normal too.
Well after reading here a bit, we decided to try switching to better food. We decided to go grain free right away and switched her to Fromm surf and turf (slow transition from Bil Jac) She actually started getting a rash on her legs and was licking more. We decided to change her to No Chicken Beef Frittata and that stopped the licking and rash and she does NOT smell like a dog anymore. Oh and she RARELY ever has gas now too. With the Bil Jac she had it more. Her eyes are much less goopy in the morning, although she will still have a little bit of that. We are using an eye drop to increase moisture now to help because the vet noticed some entropian, but it's not bad enough to look into surgery just yet.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the switch to better food has helped in so many ways that we didn't even think we needed help.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try and keep the change in meat product and see what the new dog food contains. I've seen a lot of people mention Fromm, but haven't seen it at the pet stores down here in SA, TX. May have to order online.

Are you studying to specialize in the bulldog breed? I read you are a bulldog vet in training.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.